Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Could Stony Brook have any bigger of an advantage here? Right now, SB only has to game plan to beat NH. Everyone else has multiple possible matchups to prepare for. SBU is not built to win four games in a row this season. So my rooting interests this post season go to the field over UVM and UMBC. Let's go anybody but the Catamounts and Retrievers!

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Could Stony Brook have any bigger of an advantage here? Right now, SB only has to game plan to beat NH. Everyone else has multiple possible matchups to prepare for. SBU is not built to win four games in a row this season. So my rooting interests this post season go to the field over UVM and UMBC. Let's go anybody but the Catamounts and Retrievers!
It's going to be pretty embarrassing for you when UML beats SBU in the first round...;-)

·
Registered
429 Posts
Stony Brook and Lowell have played 16 times. SBU is 15-1 against Lowell in that span. Stony Brook has a 93.75 percent chance to win this game. Call it a lock!
UVM won two of their last three tournament championships. Boost that number up to three out of four if you're feeling frisky. Gives them good odds to win this year too I think ;)

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Mulling over my predictions for this year, here were the "final" as of right now, Kenpom rankings for the conference (Tourney seed, NCAA overall, adjusted offense, adjusted defense)

Just gotta say it seems that UNH is living right these days. Also amazed that even with their hot streak of late, Bingo is still 340th in defense.

It would be a very AE Hoops thing for it to seemingly be such a wide open year this year and then have things go nothing but chalk to the finals.

Edit- Ugh this looked beautiful in the inline reply editor, no clue why its not posting right in text. Will work on fixing it later or sharing as a screenshot.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
How did the coaches do this year?

1. Vermont (Actual Finish 2nd...or Tied-1st)
2. UMBC (1st...or Tied-1st)
3. New Hampshire (3rd)
4. Albany (5th)
5. Stony Brook (7th)
6. Hartford (4th)
7. Lowell (6th)
8. NJIT (8th)
T9. Binghamton (9th)
T9. Maine (Close Enough)

All things considered, no real egregious misses. A little too bearish on Hartford, a little too bullish on Stony Brook. But pretty good overall. It's almost like they know the league or something.

·
Premium Member
33,465 Posts
Pfft, Vermont was first. Didn't lose at home to Binghamton like a certain #1 seed and is like 36pts better in KenPom, but who is counting

·
Premium Member
33,465 Posts
So we don't play again until....March 6th? Wow.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
View attachment 21062

Lets try this again...

Like I said, UNH is living right and I could just as easily see one of those 4-7 teams sneak into the finals as I could all chalk.
I think this tournament is wide open this year and I won't be surprised by anything that happens. I do think Albany is going to make another one of those tournament runs under Will Brown and get to the Semi-finals.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
NCAA just dropped guidance on COVID and the Tourney. 1 bid leagues can designate a replacement team if COVID forces a withdrawal prior to the Tuesday of tourney week (I would imagine this would be whomever loses in the AE title game but I guess the AE can designate their process prior to tomorrow apparently).

For multibid leagues sounds like the first 4 out will be used as a feeder for withdrawls and seeded at the same seed (can't wait for Duke to replace Baylor as a 1 seed the day after selection sunday). Once they're in the tourney withdrawls will be treated as no contests and their opponent will advance to the next round.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts