Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Piker
11,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do want to say that after 3 loooooong years that it is nice to be back to a normal tournament format. I sure hope that things continue to improve and we can all put the past 3 years in our rear view mirror. Good luck and have fun! I still want all of your teams to lose though.

Reactions: JonBoy

·
Registered
146 Posts
Yea, already knew I was nuts but I am glad my gambling vision is clear. Screw the points, I took the La Salle moneyline
Bona03...I owe you a beer if I ever run into you. Catching that LaSalle line was good call. I had to jump on that, but I got greedy and parlayed a LaSalle win with a URI win. That made the Wednesday pillow fights much more interesting to follow along. Paid off in the end. Onto Thursday. Don't see a good line yet for tomorrow.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hopefully USA network gets their shit together for these games. Dayton/Davidson was the "A10 game of the year", and yet it felt like they were broadcasting the game in the middle of a Ukraine war zone.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Bona03...I owe you a beer if I ever run into you. Catching that LaSalle line was good call. I had to jump on that, but I got greedy and parlayed a LaSalle win with a URI win. That made the Wednesday pillow fights much more interesting to follow along. Paid off in the end. Onto Thursday. Don't see a good line yet for tomorrow.
Glad you were able to cash in! I kind of like the GW line today. I didnt take it but I did tease them up to +5.5 along with Boise St down to -3.

·
Registered
St. Bonaventure
7,337 Posts
Uhhhh… GMU, with its 30,000+ enrollment and vast alum base, couldn’t bring more folks to a conference tournament game a half hour away from campus? This is not a good look.

·
Piker
11,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Uhhhh… GMU, with its 30,000+ enrollment and vast alum base, couldn’t bring more folks to a conference tournament game a half hour away from campus? This is not a good look.
Be careful. Someone might call you out for being a Mason hater.

·
Registered
St. Bonaventure
7,337 Posts
Be careful. Someone might call you out for being a Mason hater.
I have zero hate for GMU, but was absolutely stunned by that sparse D.C. crowd. English has a promising young core, and probably their best overall roster since being in this league. If I had to pick a young coach, though, it would be Neptune. Substance over style. That guy has the look of a grinder.

·
Piker
11,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have zero hate for GMU, but was absolutely stunned by that sparse D.C. crowd. English has a promising young core, and probably their best overall roster since being in this league. If I had to pick a young coach, though, it would be Neptune. Substance over style. That guy has the look of a grinder.
It was a joke because I was called out. I have no hatred for them but they have added nothing since joining the conference. It is simply the truth. Oh and on both games played between these teams...Ohams dominated Oduro. Maybe he should have been first team.

PS-George Mason has never beaten Fordham in the A10 tournament. Mason is 0-3.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
I agree on no hatred for Mason since they joined the league, but their contribution is very difficult to identify. Of course, I don't think they've really hurt us, either. They're the median of this league. Their addition was really about that 2006 Final Four banner, and having all the teams with recent Final Fours from outside the P5/BE/AAC in our conference.

Anyhow, La Salle vs Saint Louis. This is a game where I know what SHOULD happen, but I feel like that actually happening would be a massive upset.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Is a FF a prerequisite for A10 invite?
No, but it totally gets our attention. With the Final Four banner, you "worry" they're going to build on that and turn themselves into a program like Butler was in the Horizon, or Gonzaga is in the WCC. By inviting Mason, it ensured the CAA would have a program capable of earning their league an at-large bid.

The CAA has gotten auto-only and hasn't won an NCAA game since.

·
Piker
11,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
No, but it totally gets our attention. With the Final Four banner, you "worry" they're going to build on that and turn themselves into a program like Butler was in the Horizon, or Gonzaga is in the WCC. By inviting Mason, it ensured the CAA would have a program capable of earning their league an at-large bid.

The CAA has gotten auto-only and hasn't won an NCAA game since.
They have been to the NCAA something like six times in their entire history. The last time they got in was when the CAA got 3 bids in 2011. VCU left a year later and then ODU left. Mason was given a golden parachute by the A10. Hopefully they can do more than be a mid-pack team that drags others down in conference.

Reactions: JonBoy
1 - 20 of 118 Posts