Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That list dont do too much for me. How can you leave out the all-time big ten leading scorer, Calbert Cheaney? How can C Webb not be on that team. Blah. Oh well.

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Team was..

Guard - Steve Alford
Guard - Mateen Cleaves
Forward - Jimmy Jackson
Forward - Glenn Robinson
Center - Kevin McHale

Notables left off are Isiah Thomas and Chris Webber

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I forgot about Isaiah. But do you agree when I say that you cant leave off the All time big ten leading scorer? I dunno. Maybe I am bias because I am an IU fan.

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
what about Magic Johnson?

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
In regards to NBA success, Finley might make an all-time top 5. As far as what he did in college, I don't think he quite makes the cut. But that's just one Hawkeye fan's opinion....:cool:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Originally posted by <b>kansasalumn</b>!
what about Magic Johnson?
Magic Johnson missed the cut by a year or two if I remember right. It's only players from the last 25 years or something.

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just noticed something.........Mateen Cleaves over Isaiah Thomas?!!?? That alone ruins this whole topic. They ruin any credibility they had when they put him over Thomas. Get that crap out of here.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
You could argue for Cleeves though. The list should be based on college play, not play in the NBA. Cleeves was like a 3 time all american who led MSU to a championship. I don't know exactly what Thomas did but you can't do much better than what Cleeves did. I think alot of people when they compare Cleeves and Thomas first think that Thomas was a superstar and one of the best ever while Cleeves was a bust in the NBA which shouldn't even be considered because the list is based on play in college. Once again though, I'm saying all this with basically no knowledge of Isaiah Thomas's college career.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I think that isiah is the one that deserves the most to be on that list because he was a great player in colleg and the nba

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thomas single handedly gave IU the championship in 1981. IU had no one else and somehow they won the title. IU fans seem to forget that championship. They just remember the one Scott May gave us and the one Keith Smart and Alford gave us...Remember Isaiah gave us one too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i think the only reason that isiah wasn't picked was because he left too early to make himself a better player in college. although i don't agree with cleaves on there, i think he deserves it more than isiah.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts