Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not Ben but Tyson Chandler???

It's interesting that the stereotype of 6th man is like Gordon, the guy who can come in and score.

It's unlikely Chandler will win, but there certainly could be case for Chandler winning, especially with his play in the 4th quarters. He should at least be considered IMO.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
ya.... i would actually rather have

Gordon win Roy

&

Tyson win 6th man

.... I mean Tyson avg 8ppg 9+rpg 2bpg 1spg and 1apg in like 27min/game ~ coming of the bench!

·
Registered
10,189 Posts
Hell ya, I completely agree...but fact of the matter is that the NBA values scorers more than it does rebounders/defenders. Tyson's offensive limitations make it unlikely he'll even get any votes. But in terms of impact, him and Ben have both been probably 2 of the top bench players in the NBA.

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
Tyson Chandler would be the defensive player of the year if he started. Since he comes off the bench he won't get that award.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I actually agree with sloth that Tyson would be the Defensive Player of the Year THIS YEAR if he playd five or so more minutes a game. This has been an underwhelming year for individual defensive performances what with Kirilenko and Artest both out and all and Ben Wallace apparently on the decline (or, more likely, falling into 'the mix' in Detroit).

Tyson as 6th man and Ben as ROY would be my ideal situation, with Eddy as Most Improved and...uh...Kirk and Chris both on the All-Defensive Team. Pax gets GM, Skiles gets coach...Griffen gets the sportsmanship award...not to mention the Larry O'Birien trophy for all in June...

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BealeFarange said:
I actually agree with sloth that Tyson would be the Defensive Player of the Year THIS YEAR if he playd five or so more minutes a game. This has been an underwhelming year for individual defensive performances what with Kirilenko and Artest both out and all and Ben Wallace apparently on the decline (or, more likely, falling into 'the mix' in Detroit).

Tyson as 6th man and Ben as ROY would be my ideal situation, with Eddy as Most Improved and...uh...Kirk and Chris both on the All-Defensive Team. Pax gets GM, Skiles gets coach...Griffen gets the sportsmanship award...not to mention the Larry O'Birien trophy for all in June...
One more.

As superdave brought up, Pike for best cheerleader. :clap:

·
Registered
10,189 Posts
BealeFarange said:

Don't forget about Nocioni making the all-interview team! :reporter:

·
Skokie, IL 60076
17,170 Posts
Definetely! I was going to make a thread that Tyson deserves to be on an all-defensive team and that he's so underrated and underappreciated. We get caught up talking about the guards and Eddy we forget about our defensive player of the year for our team. He's been a model of consistency for us (except that stretch where he got 5 points in 5 games or something like that) As Skiles said after the Bobcats game "we need his basket protection" and when he got ejected from that game, we were on the verge of losing to them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts