Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
141 - 157 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
7,026 Posts
Am I wrong to think we would be better off with a 10 or 11 seed? While I'm happy to have a seed, I've never liked the 8/9 seeds having to go up against a #1 in the second round.

·
Piker
10,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
Am I wrong to think we would be better off with a 10 or 11 seed? While I'm happy to have a seed, I've never liked the 8/9 seeds having to go up against a #1 in the second round.
Yep. 8 & 9 seeds get the toughest road. Lower tends to get better draws.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Been a while since I’ve posted on here, but just wanted to congratulate you Bonnies fans. Hell of a game today, you guys came prepared to play. Congrats on the regular and tournament championships!

As for VCU, after the preseason predictions, I’m ecstatic of where we are today. We’ve got a young team and hopefully we continue to make some noise.

Now let’s both go out and make the A10 proud!

·
Piker
10,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
Get by LSU. One at a time. Michigan is a bit banged up so they can be beat.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
People make to much of this. As a nine, you draw a (theoretically) slightly easier opponent than if you're a ten. So you have (theoretically) a slightly better chance of winning. Assuming you win, you have to face the one seed. But, in the other case, you still would have to face the two, still in most cases a daunting task. Take the slightly better chances in the opening round, take the money, and take your chances.

If anything, I'd prefer the 11 if I thought I had a good enough team an take my chances with a 7 and a 3. But even then you'll have to face a 1 or a 2 eventually.

·
Registered
7,026 Posts
Up yours res. I think that the top few teams are usually clearly above the rest. And, the middle seeds are more evenly matched than many would think. Having said that, I'm just happy to be in the field. Go Bonnies! Go Commies!

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
I like the Bonnies draw. Lsu is a good matchup and Michigan is banged up and missing a great player. If we had to get a 1 seed, I wanted Michigan. They've got a shot

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
People make to much of this. As a nine, you draw a (theoretically) slightly easier opponent than if you're a ten. So you have (theoretically) a slightly better chance of winning. Assuming you win, you have to face the one seed. But, in the other case, you still would have to face the two, still in most cases a daunting task. Take the slightly better chances in the opening round, take the money, and take your chances.

If anything, I'd prefer the 11 if I thought I had a good enough team an take my chances with a 7 and a 3. But even then you'll have to face a 1 or a 2 eventually.
Sure, but if they seed us what we're worth, we're not in the 8/9 game, and if they fuck us like we expect, we get a beatable 6 seed and a beatable 3 seed. Michigan is legit.

At the end of the day, it is time to ELEVATE THE PROGRAM. Fuck the politics. We can beat LSU. We can beat Michigan. We can beat anyone in front of us on any given day. Execute and put yourself on the map.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Yes, we're a big dog now. It's time to stop going out of our way trying to find ways the league/NCAA are trying to screw us. It's constant over on the Wagon. It's exasperating.

I'm not saying that college basketball is a level playing field. It's not. But, you play the team in front of you. That's this team's mindset and it should be ours as well.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Yes, we're a big dog now. It's time to stop going out of our way trying to find ways the league/NCAA are trying to screw us. It's constant over on the Wagon. It's exasperating.

I'm not saying that college basketball is a level playing field. It's not. But, you play the team in front of you. That's this team's mindset and it should be ours as well.
Exactly. Our game vs LSU is a coin flip. Vegas had it as a pick em last night. Anyone who thinks we got screwed is sour or stupid. However, if you look at our resume compared to the other 7 and 8 seeds, we stack up and are better in a lot of cases in terms of NET and Ken Pom. I am guessing that since Bonas didnt have much of a non conference, they got held back a little. Like you said, play the team in front of you. LSU has no size and our lockdown D will slow down their big scorers. Bonnies are playing their best ball right now so lets take down Wade and his strong ass offer bullshit.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
The opening line will be Bona minus 0.5 to minus 1. It is LSU that got screwed. As Bill likes to say, just Winn.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts

res you’re just an Old Dawg

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
LSU fans are whining about getting screwed too so its a wash. They probably should have been a 7 but they were the top 8 so its literally 1 spot on the seed list. They gonna be even more pissed when the Bonnies send them packing.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
It's not the worst idea. UVA and Kansas on pause now too. We're still 2 weeks out of the tournament as of today.

With that said, I hope we play, but also would hate for something to happen where potentially both teams have some time of risk/exposure.
You know, it wasn’t the worst idea

141 - 157 of 157 Posts