PG: #55, Jason Williams

SG: #3, Steve Smith

SF: #9, Dan Majerle

PF: #42, PJ Brown

C: #4, Rony Seikaly

·
Wiltside
20,390 Posts
I was looking at the first team thinking about how unfairly sick T-Bug and Zo would've been flanking the big 3, and totally forgot we had Shaq for a moment. I'd rather have Zo for this team, though...is that crazy?

And wow, our PG history is pretty awful beyond Timmy. Not saying Rio and JWill are that bad, but all-time 2/3 doesn't say much for the quality of PGs of Heat past. They did both win rings here, however.

·
2012 & 2013 NBA Champions
26,553 Posts
Prime Shaq you would take over just about anyone, especially with Bosh as your 4 man. But I interpret this as a 'Heat career' thing, in which case i'd take a Heat years Zo over a Heat years Shaq...if that makes sense.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
I keep thinking there should be a better PF than Haslem, Brown, Bosh, but nobody comes to mind. Mason? Grant? Oh well. That's a hell of a great roster considering how young the franchise is, tho.

EDIT: No Mashburn!? Admittedly, some good SF's up there, but I used to like watching him play.

·
2012 & 2013 NBA Champions
26,553 Posts
He probably could've been 3rd team over Majerle, but too many remember 'the pass'. Plus he played his best basketball for Charlotte/New Orleans anyway.

Considering we are a relatively young franchise, we have a seriously great all time roster.

Agreed our PG depth falls off dramatically after Timmy though. You know it's bad when Rio is the 2nd best PG we ever had :laugh:

·
Wiltside
20,390 Posts
Glad someone agreed with me there. If Chalmers and JWill weren't champs here, who would be 2/3?

The LeBron/Bosh and Shaq acquisitions were definitely a major boost, as well as Timmy/Zo. Pretty much all of our great players are Riley poaches except drafting Wade.

·
And Justise For All
64,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Smush Parker!

:cheers:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts