Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When Thomas dealt Michael Sweetney to the Bulls as part of the package that secured Eddy Curry, he dispensed with the last remnant traceable to previous team president Scott Layden. In less than two seasons Thomas dumped every single player. Now it's time for Brown to start dumping Thomas' players.

Not all of 'em, mind you. For the time being, it appears, the young guys are off limits, odd since none of the acceptable building blocks will ever be mistaken for a foundation. Marbury may not be the first expulsion but he's positively the primary priority.
One star who'll play within Skiles system will take the Bulls far. Is this player it? I doubt so, but maybe you all will not. Nasty contract too.

I am certain more players from other teams will become available as the season goes on. Perhaps I will bump this thread as rumors arise. I read many rumor sites.

http://www.nypost.com/sports/knicks/31154.htm

·
Registered
8,604 Posts

is this a joke? excuse me, is this a joke?

all in good fun soulful, all in good fun. but you can't possibly be serious? can you? oh wait, you were being sarcastic. i think. ok. whew. marbury is struggling to play in larry's system. please tell us you were joking.

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts
Is there another team that might be looking to move a star to try and acquire Marbury? I think Marbury's value is pretty limited right now, but I think a creative team like Dallas might be interested.

I think Marbury basically does everything that Jason Terry does except way better. And a package of Marquis Daniels and Pavel is something that I'd be interested in trading some talent for. Not a lot of talent, but some talent.

Let's work a three-way out of this. Whenever anyone is on the trade block, there's opportunities for other teams.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
The only teams I can even remotely imagine being interested in Marbury are ones with overpoweringly strong reps/personalities that could conceivably bend him to their will. The Heat with Shaq, the TWolves with Garnett, though that obviously didn't work the first time. Maybe the Lakers with Phil and Kobe.

But the Heat are already packed with guys Shaq and Riles have to reign in. And I can't believe the TWolves would want to take Marbury back. And he's about the farthest thing possible from a triangle point guard.

And no, Dallas would be insane to take him. I don't see how he's really a better player than Jason Terry at this point. Plus they've got Devin Harris.

He's aging, has never won anything, can't play defense, and is massively overpaid. He doesn't even constitute a salary dump for anyone. And he's run out his welcome with 4 teams already.

Here's an outside chance - the Clippers. They seem zany enough to mess up the good thing they've got going by acquiring him.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Showtyme said:
I think Marbury basically does everything that Jason Terry does except way better. And a package of Marquis Daniels and Pavel is something that I'd be interested in trading some talent for. Not a lot of talent, but some talent.
I'd say that Jason Terry is WAY better outside shooter & defender...And the trio of Terry & Starbury & Harris wouldn't work IMO. Not a chance for him to go to Mavs.

In terms of fitting my bet would be Clippers, though I really doubt Sterling would be willing to pay this kind of money for Starb.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts