Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to a BoSox game once and I remember hearing an absurdly (likely drunk) fan yell at the beginning of one of Schilling's first games in Fenway, "KURT SCHILLING IS THE MAAAASTER"

Why I think Ben Gordon is the MASTER:

1. More double-digit fourth quarters than anyone in the NBA.
2. Totally mature (check the game logs recently... assists go up when his shot is off).
3. Coachable and not pretentious (never once whined about coming off the bench)
4. Top 10 in the NBA in 3pt% and points per 48; leads all rookies in scoring.
5. 41 wins and counting.

When I went to a Sixers-Bulls game recently, Gordon made some shots that were so money... I got up and started screaming "BEN GORDON IS THE MAASTER". That's not wise, if you know anything about Philly fans.

I can safely say that Ben Gordon is currently my favorite Chicago Bull, and I think his mature play, flat-out scoring ability, and strong basketball IQ is going to make him the best all-around player out of his draft year.

He is the perfect balance of increased offense while maintaining our defensive intensity team-wide.

Join my club if you want to join me in shouting support for Ben Gordon... especially for those that are going to the playoff games. Make big signs, get on TV, and we'll see bbb.net making its influence in Chicago Bulls basketball.

BEN GORDON IS THE MAAAASTERRRR!!!

·
Train Em While Young.....
3,628 Posts
I agree, he has become my favorite player on the Bulls. His jumpshot is picture perfect and he makes the toughest shots I've ever seen. His play against the Bobcats last Saturday was amazing. Add me to the club.

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
1. lebron has 22 double digit 4Q's - ben now is tied for 2nd with gilbert arenas

5. 42!!!!!!!!!! wins baby!!!!

:wink:

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Quite OT, but anyway, Showtyme your avatar tells quite a story. Dee Brown "look at me!" while Deron and Luther are chillin. Werd.

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
Showtyme said:
I can safely say that Ben Gordon is currently my favorite Chicago Bull, and I think his mature play, flat-out scoring ability, and strong basketball IQ is going to make him the best all-around player out of his draft year.
He is not even the best-all-around player out of his draft year on the Bulls.

Deng is. And Luol is quite a bit younger, too.

But I like Ben.

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Greg Ostertag! said:
Quite OT, but anyway, Showtyme your avatar tells quite a story. Dee Brown "look at me!" while Deron and Luther are chillin. Werd.
Honestly, I was heartbroken by the loss. It might have been the single most important sporting event I've ever witnessed. (You can make an argument for several Chicago Bulls' playoff games from the dynasty, but somehow there was a confidence that we'd always win those; the next runner-up is Korea vs. Italy in the World Cup, since I was in Korea at the time and I'm a Korean American). If UNC had just killed us, I'd be a lot more satisfied. They are a more talented team, and they know how to play under pressure... that would have been enough for me.

But for us to be in it, to the very end of the game? Gosh. Those shots that Luther Head was taking should have been Dee Brown's shots... yeah, Luther was on but the guy was playing on a 65% hammy and limping up and down the court. It was his missed shot and his turnover at the end but I place almost no blame on him, considering that he was single-handedly keeping us in the game up to that point.

Dee Brown played tenatively, and the man HAS to be loose for the Illini to do what they did all season long. Bruce Weber is #2 for the point-the-finger game, since the Illini weren't playing their game: making the open jump shot. They get open J's one of two ways: a) spreading the floor and passing the ball incessantly, Princeton-style, until a skip pass forces the D to rotate a split-second late, and the man in the corner is open for three; or b) penetrate-and-kick to another penetrate-and-kick to another penetrate-and-kick until an open man is available. There's a reason why Pitino called us the best attacking team in college basketball.

We did neither, and that's Coach Weber's fault.

ANYWAY that's all off-topic; I haven't talked about the game at all since it's been too painful, literally.

The point is, BEN GORDON IS THE MASTER!

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
I can't be bothered PMing, so put me in your club.

The Illini loss was disappointing for me as well, but I had a hidden agenda ;)

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
If Gordon really wants to be the master, he's going to have to go through this guy...

He better conjure up the Glow like this dude below:

"Hey Gordon... Playtime's Ova Boy." :rofl:

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HKF said:
If Gordon really wants to be the master, he's going to have to go through this guy...

LEROOY IS THE MAASTAAAH..... whooooeeee

:laugh: :laugh: :rofl:

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
HKF said:

The Last Dragon reference is classic, lol. So Leroy kicked kicked Bootsie Collins ***, big deal. Gordon would out aura Leroy anyday.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
L.O.B said:
The Last Dragon reference is classic, lol. So Leroy kicked kicked Bootsie Collins ***, big deal. Gordon would out aura Leroy anyday.
The Sho Nuff picture that I had for some reason disappeared. How strange must it have been to have your most rememberable role in a B movie at best? Still hilarious.

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Shameless bump to increase membership into my club.

Was anyone screaming "BEN GORDON IS THE MASTER" today?

Cuz I sho was. And he sho is.

BEN GORDON IS THE MAAAAASTER!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

·
BAIT
12,946 Posts
I would like to learn from the master.

He is wise. He is fearless. He is the one.

Add me to your club.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts