Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The Bilson = Jayhawk Love
6,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Either in person or on TV

1. Texas KU last year at Allen Fieldhouse (I was doing the game for my radio station) Collison stood on his head.

2. UConn - Duke title game, it's always good to see Duke lose, but I remember it being a really good game.

those are mine right now.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
UNLV vs. Duke (91)
Just the thought of LJ passing on taking the game winning shot, had me thinking FIX!.. Great game though!

Michigan vs. UNC
Lost mega buck's on this game, as a youngin.. Looking back at that game.. It featured atleast 7 current NBA player's!

UNLV vs. Arkansas (90)
One of the most heated blowout's I've ever witnessed!.. Definitely.. The most entertaining game from end to end.. The defining moment?.. When LJ damn near split the twig, better known as Todd Day in half.

Mizzou vs. UCLA (96)
We almost pulled it off!.. Then again.. I won big on the Bruins that year.

Mizzou vs. SLU
The look on Quin's face after taking the L was priceless!

·
Registered
443 Posts
I've only been to 4 major college games but all have been good.

UConn-SJU two years back. Calhoun kicked out. SJU upsets despite big late UConn rally.

Duke-Kentucky Jimmy V two years back. Williams takes over late and gets W for Duke in OT. Instant Classic

SJU-Duke last year. SJU shocker comeback in last 5 minutes. Hatten takes over and turns Red Storm season around.

Rutgers-UConn this year. UConn holds on to win by 1 at RAC.

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Starbury03</b>!
Duke aganist Cincy when Melvin Levett got a dunk to win. Also there have been some really good Pac 10 games where Adam Spianach had threes to win.
Adam Spanich...from my hometown of Cedar Rapids, Iowa.

I knew plenty of kids that went to his high school, and supposedly he was a total jerk. He proved it by dancing on the scorer's table on the road after a miraculous sequence where he hit several circus 3-point shots to get his team the win.

Looking a potential star heading into his senior season, he basically disappeared from that USC team almost overnight.

·
Wooden the Wizard
13,621 Posts
On TV: The game Stevie B said - Duke vs. UK in the Jimmy V. Jason Williams was simply amazing in the second half... of the second half. :)

In person: Notre Dame vs. Duke in the 2nd round of the '02 NCAA Tourney. The Irish almost pulled the upset. My seats were in the 2nd to top row of the arena - I snuck in the lower level and ended up in the first row behind the CBS broadcasters. And, I got to meet Chris Thomas and Ryan Humphries after the game so that made the whole thing ever better. ;)

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
'98 WAC Championship Game -

UNLV defeated New Mexico 56-51 to advance to the tourney for the 1st time since '91. The Rebels (led by Tyrone Nesby, Kaspars Kambala, Kevin Simmons, Mark Dickel, Greedy Daniels and 3pt bomber Brian Keefe - Keon Clark didn't play in the tourney) beat Hawaii in the first round, then proceeded to beat Utah, Fresno, and New Mexico (all ranked) to protect their home floor. It was a great win for the Rebs and finally got them back to the dance.

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
man I went to many games, and it just too hard to pick out games.

I was 10 years old, 1988 Kansas vs Oklahoma Title game. My very first Kansas game that I went to.

1998 Kansas vs Missouri Allen Field House. 100 year anniversary game. The game was good, but what was so amazing about it is that all these former Kansas greats were in town that weekend.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Ehehehcallmedaddy</b>!
Best game ever, without a doubt is Gonzaga-Arizona from last year's tourny. A close second is the 3 OT game between UNC and Wake earlier this year.
Yea that Zag/Zona game is the best on in recent memory Ive seen.

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
March 28, 1992. UK's overachieving team takes on favored Duke. Many call it the "Best NCAA Tourney game ever". Sadly, Duke won on a last second shot.

How about one of the best comebacks in NCAA history? Feruary 15, 1994. Trailing by 31 points down to LSU in the first half, UK connects on 11 three-pointers in the second half to top LSU 99-95.

·
The Bilson = Jayhawk Love
6,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by <b>JarvisHayes24</b>!

Yea that Zag/Zona game is the best on in recent memory Ive seen.
yeah I loved that game, tha't the only game I remember from that turny (ironically, it's the only one I didn't drink during)

Michigan - UNC title game with Webber called the timeout.

this one is going to hurt the SU KU game last year, if only we would have Wayne during the game.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.