Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see 11 teams with a shot at the NCAA tournament next year. Other then the top 5 which I think are almost certainties, all the other teams have uncertainties.

1. Villanova
2. UConn
3. West Virginia
4. Louisville
5. Georgetown
6. Syracuse
7. Notre Dame
8. Cincinnati
9. Pitt
10. Depaul
11. St. John's

I figure 7 or 8 teams will get in.

Thoughts? My opinion can certainly be swayed before I make the bracket.

·
Wooden the Wizard
13,621 Posts
Pitt - losing just Chevy? That's 15/8. I know that's not huge, but he was big for them in some key games thus year. They picking up anyone? ... ND losing Cornette & Thomas. Thomas hurt them, but he did provide senior leadership and 14/7ast a game. BTW, I wasn't too impressed with Zeller. Francis is gonna have to be huge for them next year. I know, I know - you said a "shot" at making it. BE most likely the best conference next year (as they probably were this year also).

·
Registered
8,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TonyM said:
Pitt - losing just Chevy? That's 15/8. I know that's not huge, but he was big for them in some key games thus year. They picking up anyone? ... ND losing Cornette & Thomas. Thomas hurt them, but he did provide senior leadership and 14/7ast a game. BTW, I wasn't too impressed with Zeller. Francis is gonna have to be huge for them next year. I know, I know - you said a "shot" at making it. BE most likely the best conference next year (as they probably were this year also).
I have Pitt losing Taft as well.

Notre Dame losing Thomas is addition by subtraction, IMO.

I'm not so sure that the Big East will be great next year. I only 5 strong teams out of 16.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
We agree Junior. I see the league being so close next year, that there's a very good chance that after the top 4 (maybe 5 with Georgetown) that the league will be mediocre. Cincinnati is going to wish they were not in the league next year, because when I say mediocre, I really mean most of the teams are even, so there will be a lot of .500 teams in the conference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts