Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Wooden the Wizard
13,621 Posts
I think several of them just ran into some good teams that maybe wanted it just a little more. Although, West Virginia made a pretty solid statement for the BE last night. ;)

·
Registered
8,669 Posts
vadimivich said:
Might have been a tad overated, doesn't it seem?
Alot of people were saying the Big East was better then the ACC. I always took the position that the ACC was better. However, I will defend the Big East as the second best conference this year, despite our questionable performance in the tourney (likely only two teams making the sweet 16). I mean what other conference can make the claim as second best conference - the Big 12 is the only other conference that performed really well this year, and they have had no tourney success either. The Big Ten might get three teams, but the regular season OOC schedule has to count as well.

The fact that two underseeded teams (i.e sub 4 seeds) make the sweet 16 from one conference does speak well about our depth. The Big East was the deepest conference in the country bar none I will take WVU/Notre Dame/Georgetown over any 6-7-8 teams in the country.

But it really didn't have a really great team either and that certainly has to be considered as well - no one in the conference deseved higher then a 3 seed. The ACC is top heavy, but its top teams are so superior, that it has to be ranked #1.

It's a deep conference about to get deeper - adding Louisville, Cincinnati. Marquette and Depaul, and losing BC/

I see that Nova is blowing it too. So maybe it's just one team/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts