Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Can this team, with no further changes, make it into the playoffs?

• Yes

Votes: 24 72.7%
  • No

Votes: 9 27.3%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, here it is. The one question that ownership & management have GOT to be asking themselves right now, over and over again:

Will this team, as it stands right now, be able to make it into the playoffs?

And the answer to this question will likely determine if they make any more moves before the deadline.

What's your answer?

PBF

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I say 'no'. Damon is incapable of running the offense and our guards & PF have no desire to play defense. So long as Mo keeps it that way we aren't going to make the playoffs.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Clarification on the question: is the question whether there's a greater-than-even chance of making it to the playoffs?

If that's the question, I vote "no".

If the question is whether they can make it (greater than 0%, or even like 25% chance or greater), I'd say "yes".

Ed O.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Can they make the playoffs? Sure.

Will they make the playoffs? Based on the way they have performed so far this season, with the record they would most likely have to post in the second half (win 2 of 3 the rest of the way) to make the postseason...no, they will not.

It's time to rebuild fellas! (and not necssarily through FA...that seldom works, unless your LA and can lure Shaq).

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
I think the question is irrelevant. The Blazers MAY be able to make the playoffs, but who cares? They're not going to do anything once they get there, so why not start rebuilding right now? Let's set our sights a little higher than the playoffs. Like, uh . . . a championship!!

·
Registered
837 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Talkhard</b>!
I think the question is irrelevant. The Blazers MAY be able to make the playoffs, but who cares? They're not going to do anything once they get there, so why not start rebuilding right now? Let's set our sights a little higher than the playoffs. Like, uh . . . a championship!!
I second your opinion also. What is the point to make it to the playoff. The object of the game is to win the championship. Even though only one team will win you have to be the top 4-6 teams to say ok will stay stand this year, Unfortunately the blazers are not in that situation this year. They have a 2-3 years window to re-tool and make a run the post Shaq era.

By than San Antonio will go down also.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I realize just making the playoffs is not the goal, but I for one take a lot of pride in the amazing streak of playoff appearances that this franchise has amassed. It's going to take a concentrated effort, and that's hard to hope for from this team, but I'll hope nonetheless.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I say yes....... if D-Miles continue's to play like he does, and Zach gets his 20-10 each game, and Rasheed can stay out of trouble, and start posting up more, and doing his fadeaway jumpshot more, than throwing up 3 pointers....... then yes we can.....

PS: and Cook starts over Damon.....:D

·
Registered
519 Posts
where is the faith

Come on people..are we FANS or are we fair weather fans..i for one am a FAN..and i belive that if this team plays like that have against KINGS then yes we can get to the playoffs..the season is NOT over but if we play like we did against DENVER then i would have to say no..regardless of who is on what team..this is a good team..it needs some tweaking but i do belive we can get to the play-offs or i am not a BLAZERFAN4LIFE

·
Registered
392 Posts
Re: where is the faith

Originally posted by <b>blazerfan4life</b>!
Come on people..are we FANS or are we fair weather fans..i for one am a FAN..and i belive that if this team plays like that have against KINGS then yes we can get to the playoffs..the season is NOT over but if we play like we did against DENVER then i would have to say no..regardless of who is on what team..this is a good team..it needs some tweaking but i do belive we can get to the play-offs or i am not a BLAZERFAN4LIFE
:clap: Well said blazerfan4life

·
Basketballboards.net HOF
795 Posts

I voted yes.

I feel that the Blazers are finally on track and will finish out the season on a high note.

::crosses fingers::

·
Grumpy Pragmatist
3,410 Posts
There is no question that this team is *capable* of making the play-offs. If Mo improves his substitution patterns, maybe as high as 30-40%.

Will they? I doubt it, since Mo is unlikely to suddenly "get it" and start using the best line-ups.

Should they make the post-season? I am opposed to "tanking". The team has an obligation to try their best. OTOH, I am not sure that missing the play-offs would be a bad thing. It should drive down the market price for Sheed and Miles, and it would (marginally) increase our chance of getting an impact player in the draft.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
They have a legitimate chance at the playoffs, but not a greater than 50% chance.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Re: Re: where is the faith

Originally posted by <b>Son of Bintim</b>!
:clap: Well said blazerfan4life
ty ty bows....:laugh:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts