2. Bulls are still Bulls
3. Chris Paul
4. Joakim Noah
5. Rajon Rondo

·
Super Moderator
21,879 Posts
Rondo for sure.

Clippers did a LOT of positive things, beating the Spurs in the playoffs is no joke. Rondo was a disaster.

·
Super Moderator
21,879 Posts
Could you add Kawhi Leonard to that list?

He was huge in 2 of their 3 wins, but his final three games of the series he shot 31.3%, 20.0%, and 38.5% from the field. With Tony limping, he had to be the number one guy. He was relatively aggressive too taking 44 shots over those three games...just couldn't make it happen. I know he does a lot that doesn't show up on the stat sheet, but this could have been the Kawahi Leonard superstar playoff run. Instead, they flame out in the first round.

Definitely not the biggest disappointment, but worth a mention.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Could you add Kawhi Leonard to that list?

He was huge in 2 of their 3 wins, but his final three games of the series he shot 31.3%, 20.0%, and 38.5% from the field. With Tony limping, he had to be the number one guy. He was relatively aggressive too taking 44 shots over those three games...just couldn't make it happen. I know he does a lot that doesn't show up on the stat sheet, but this could have been the Kawahi Leonard superstar playoff run. Instead, they flame out in the first round.

Definitely not the biggest disappointment, but worth a mention.
Yea..This FMVP was make me disappoint..
At the Spurs vs Clpippers G7 Q4 clutch time..Leonard can not hit the shot and disappear..

·
Administrator
67,767 Posts
I don't understand how anyone could have watched the playoffs this year and listed Chris Paul as one of their disappointments. He was incredible in these playoffs.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
I was disappointed in Coach Bud more than I was in the Atlanta Hawks' team. He definitely got outcoached in a lot of games

·
Look at your favorite team, now back to mine, mine
8,475 Posts
Kevin Love getting injured after having one of his best games as a Cavalier was definitely a huge disappointment from a fan perspective.

·
Administrator
67,767 Posts
Kevin Love getting injured after having one of his best games as a Cavalier was definitely a huge disappointment from a fan perspective.
Not just for Cavs fans... and not just Kevin Love.

This biggest disappointment this postseason has been injuries.

Brief list of series impacting injuries (rotation guys who missed playoff games due to injury) this season that doesn't even include guys that played through injuries (like Millsap/Horford, Tony Parker, and Klay/Steph):

Atlanta - Kyle Korver, Demarre Carroll, Thabo Sefolosha
Washington - John Wall
Chicago - Pau Gasol
Milwaukee - Jabari Parker
Cleveland - Kevin Love, Kyrie Irving, Anderson Varejao, JR Smith (suspension)

Golden State - Marreese Speights
Portland - Wes Matthews, Arron Afflalo
Memphis - Mike Conley, Tony Allen, Beno Udrih
LA Clippers - Chris Paul
Houston - Patrick Beverly, Donatas Motiejunas
Dallas - Chandler Parsons, Rajon Rondo

·
Restore the Roar
7,387 Posts
I was disappointed in Coach Bud more than I was in the Atlanta Hawks' team. He definitely got outcoached in a lot of games
This happens with system coaches, though... If you no longer have the bodies available to run your system, you have trouble adapting. That's why this whole Spurs-system thing is slightly overstated: Pop adapts and changes as well as any coach in league history. Just taking his preferred system isn't enough to make a team an instant title contender.

·
Restore the Roar
7,387 Posts
Not just for Cavs fans... and not just Kevin Love.

This biggest disappointment this postseason has been injuries.

Brief list of series impacting injuries (rotation guys who missed playoff games due to injury) this season that doesn't even include guys that played through injuries (like Millsap/Horford, Tony Parker, and Klay/Steph):

Atlanta - Kyle Korver, Demarre Carroll, Thabo Sefolosha
Washington - John Wall
Chicago - Pau Gasol
Milwaukee - Jabari Parker
Cleveland - Kevin Love, Kyrie Irving, Anderson Varejao, JR Smith (suspension)

Golden State - Marreese Speights
Portland - Wes Matthews, Arron Afflalo
Memphis - Mike Conley, Tony Allen, Beno Udrih
LA Clippers - Chris Paul
Houston - Patrick Beverly, Donatas Motiejunas
Dallas - Chandler Parsons, Rajon Rondo
Total agreement. This was a rough post-season.

I think my biggest disappointment of the post-season was the Mavericks trading for Rondo back before the deadline. I really wanted to see that offensive juggernaut of the early part of the season rolling into the playoffs. Those teams are always good for an entertaining series. Instead we got.... ... well, we got what we got. Hopefully the Mavs are smart enough to realize they had a winning formula and try to build an upgraded version of what they had.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
This happens with system coaches, though... If you no longer have the bodies available to run your system, you have trouble adapting. That's why this whole Spurs-system thing is slightly overstated: Pop adapts and changes as well as any coach in league history. Just taking his preferred system isn't enough to make a team an instant title contender.
Atlanta still had more open shots by far than anyone in the playoffs. The popular narrative was that the slower pace of the playoffs would suffocate Atlanta and that wasn't the case. It was just a combination of injuries and bad luck with shots not falling.

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
Clippers had probably the greatest triumph and also the biggest disappointment. That's a team with high peaks and low valleys. Losing a 3-1 series lead certainly qualifies them for biggest disappointment.

Bulls underachieved. This was supposed to the healthy Derrick Rose team that finally beats LeBron's team. They were competitive at first, but the final few games of that series were completely one-sided. The way the Bulls finished this year will ensure they change their identity quite a bit going forward. That's when you know things were a failure.

·
Look at your favorite team, now back to mine, mine
8,475 Posts
Bulls underachieved. This was supposed to the healthy Derrick Rose team that finally beats LeBron's team. They were competitive at first, but the final few games of that series were completely one-sided. The way the Bulls finished this year will ensure they change their identity quite a bit going forward. That's when you know things were a failure.
??

Games 4 and 5 were anything but one sided.

·
Registered
2 Posts
CP did a lot for sure. You can't ask from him. But I do believe that Clippers has to think about their lineups.
And I was kinda disappointed when Grizzlies got swept.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts