Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Can someone please tell me why the Portland Trailblazers took Qyntel Woods? They already have Pippen, Wells, and DA. Woods won't be the next T-Mac anymore, he'll be a washed up talent that won't get any playing time in Portland.

·
Moderator/Head Decepticon
7,624 Posts
If Portland picked Woods for depth... they're idiots, if they picked him to actually give him PT, they're smart. Anderson or Wells will be gone, and I'm almost certain Dale Davis, Damon Stoudamire, and Shawn Kemp will be on the trading block as well. I'm not sure who would be interested in Stoudamire or Davis in a packaged deal.

Miami could probably use Stoudamire, but no need for Davis. Wittsit needs to start thinking on who the future is and who isn't, because they have log jams everywhere. It would've been smart to trade for a lotto pick, they had the ammo to do it, they just couldn't get anything done.

As for Qyntel again, he needs to go after his rookie contract is up if he isn't getting substantial PT. Other teams could have use for him, and I mean as a starter, not a bench rotter. He averaged 32 points and 10 rebounds as a JUCO senior. Him and Kedrick Brown's time will come soon...

What is Rasheed Wallace's future? They have Zach Randolph here. Rasheed= Traded IMO. The only memory left of Rasheed will be his baldspot, which came at the expense of all those technical fouls!:laugh:

Thoughts?

·
Registered
388 Posts
I've got a feeling the Blazers are really gonna re-build this seasonand Qyntel Woods will get some playing time. If they don't trade guys like Rasheed Wallace and Bonzi Wells then i've got more then enough reasons to be convinced about why the Portland Trail-Blazers will never be a serious franchise again.

Qyntel Woods was a huge steal and I feel bad for him that Portland have so much talent and he'll have a rough time unless Portland shop alot of their current players around. Woods is a guy who is considered the next McGrady and can possible be great as the starting small forward for the Blazers.

He averaged 32.3 points, 10 rebounds and 2.0 steals and has all around ball game, the kid knows how to ball and i'm shocked alot of the idiot GM's passed up on him including the guy that I hate the most my very own John Gabriel.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
If they start making moves, like trading Anderson Wells, Stoudamire, yes he will get playing time. If they don't make those moves, he will hardly get any playing time. Just like Portland's past draft picks: Zach Randolph, Ruben Boumtje Boumjte, and Erick Barkley.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Originally posted by Patrick
I've got a feeling the Blazers are really gonna re-build this seasonand Qyntel Woods will get some playing time. If they don't trade guys like Rasheed Wallace and Bonzi Wells then i've got more then enough reasons to be convinced about why the Portland Trail-Blazers will never be a serious franchise again.

Qyntel Woods was a huge steal and I feel bad for him that Portland have so much talent and he'll have a rough time unless Portland shop alot of their current players around. Woods is a guy who is considered the next McGrady and can possible be great as the starting small forward for the Blazers.

He averaged 32.3 points, 10 rebounds and 2.0 steals and has all around ball game, the kid knows how to ball and i'm shocked alot of the idiot GM's passed up on him including the guy that I hate the most my very own John Gabriel.
I think the main reason the Blazers took Woods is because they felt he was the best player still in the draft at that point. He could very well end up being traded.

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He averaged 32pts 10reb 2stl and has all around game.
Actually Woods is AWESOME on the offensive end of the court,but gets torched on the Defensive end!Thats why I wanted him to come to Miami,so Riles could teach him to play WICKED D,and turn him into the next T-Mac!

·
Registered
694 Posts
Originally posted by STING

I think the main reason the Blazers took Woods is because they felt he was the best player still in the draft at that point. He could very well end up being traded.

True. I was thinking the exact same thing.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Originally posted by STING

That's the smartest thing I've heard on this entire thread. Simple, but accurate.

·
7,624 Posts
Bruce, I said it once I'll say it again. Give support for your statement or else I will delete the post!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Thanks devastata...

dirty bruce = annoying...

Support: Just go look at his posts which fail to spark further discussion.

·
7,624 Posts
Originally posted by p
Thanks devastata...

dirty bruce = annoying...

Support: Just go look at his posts which fail to spark further discussion.
Thanks. I have sent him a PM asking him to calm down.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
What does possable mean?

·
Registered
9,649 Posts
Let it go... let it go.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.