Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

201 - 220 of 220 Posts

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
I feel a little uneasy. I mean, even JAF thinks of himself as a great person and a great character guy, but he probably wouldn't be stupid enough to say it out loud, let alone in front of a camera.

·
Registered
St. Bonaventure
6,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #209 ·
I feel a little uneasy. I mean, even JAF thinks of himself as a great person and a great character guy, but he probably wouldn't be stupid enough to say it out loud, let alone in front of a camera.
I laughed aloud at that comment. How absurd.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Let's not expect too much from him. I'd happily settle for NCAA 2nd team. And he's a character guy, as well.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
If he's 2nd team All American, I'll back him up on that point to my death.

I'm as big a hypocrite as the rest of you miscreants.

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
Where do you guys expect Brown to fall into the rotation at Bona? He likely would have been a 30+ minutes per game guy at Fordham, but needless to say not on a team with a good shot at a post-season berth.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Where do you guys expect Brown to fall into the rotation at Bona? He likely would have been a 30+ minutes per game guy at Fordham, but needless to say not on a team with a good shot at a post-season berth.
I expect he and Adams will be the first 2 guards off the bench. The starters are going to get the lions share of the minutes but the bench has the opportunity to earn minutes.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Good question. Personally, I think he's going to be in the Vasquez role. He'll be the first guard off the bench that will stick in the lineup if he's playing well. If that shooting percentage translates to the A10 in any way, he'll see a good amount of minutes as the 6/7th man.

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
That was sort of my thought too, as I follow the Bonnies more than most other A10 programs other than Fordham. I wonder if Brown will be ok with that and also wonder about what he was told during the recruiting process. Not that Fordham was in his final 3, but it was still an interesting set of extremes to an extent. Coming off the bench for possibly the best team in the league or guaranteed starter for possibly the worst team in the league. I think Fordham will be much improved, but until we prove otherwise we are still the worst team in the A10.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Schmidt had to have been straight with some of these recruits that next season will be tough to come by as far as minutes go. Someone has to fill in when Lofton, Welch or Holmes have injuries or foul trouble so the chances will be there. Whoever plays well will get the run.

201 - 220 of 220 Posts