Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

221 - 240 of 259 Posts

·
Registered
St. Bonaventure
6,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #225 ·
Thanks will be interesting to hear. Will say the Bonnies have done quite well during his time as AD. Of course most of that is because of Mark Schmidt.
Well, men’s basketball has done well; however, Kenney hasn’t hit on almost any of his own hires in the other sports. Women’s hoops, which was coming off a Sweet 16 and multiple solid NIT seasons, has fallen off a cliff. The non-revenue sports haven’t had much fundraising attention, either.

There will be a trickle of info on this over time, but it definitely came as a surprise. I’m told the board of trustees wasn’t thrilled with TK for a little while. We may never know the full story, though.

·
Piker
10,121 Posts
We will teach them a thing or two about The Creature (liquor).
Good! VCU had a series with them and both games were great. I think the game at the Stu went to double OT and Treveon Graham saved the day. Their home arena has glass all around it kind of like Hinkle so the day game had sunlight and shadows all over the court.

Reactions: Steve81

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
This is the first time in a long time the Bonnies have been able to put together the kind of schedule we want and need.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
I wonder if our game there last year was the start of a home and home? (Although they weren’t as good as expected)

·
Piker
10,121 Posts
I wonder if our game there last year was the start of a home and home? (Although they weren’t as good as expected)
It is a series. I guess you don't retain John O'Connor information.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
It is a series. I guess you don't retain John O'Connor information.
Did John O’Connor post it in the schedule thread on our board and missed it? ;)

I know it is suppose to be. But haven’t seen it in any list of this coming season OOC. Just wanted to confirm it wasn’t delayed a year. Or maybe we were replaced by the Bonnies?

·
Piker
10,121 Posts

I know it is suppose to be. But haven’t seen it in any list of this coming season OOC. Just wanted to confirm it wasn’t delayed a year. Or maybe we were replaced by the Bonnies?
I read it in an article last year so things could have changed but I doubt UNI is going to kick a good game to the curb. Mooney might though.

·
Piker
10,121 Posts

Oh, by the way...does UR go to Cedar Falls? Enjoy that road trip. It is like going to Allegeny, NY without the mountains.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Oh, by the way...does UR go to Cedar Falls? Enjoy that road trip. It is like going to Allegeny, NY without the mountains.
I still remember a football playoff game in Cedar Falls in 2008.
Even if I don’t remember John O’Connor, Ha!

Difficult to remember locations last season, when I didn’t get to any games…thought we were there then. But looks like we were home for UNI last year and for Charleston the year before. Both were suppose to H&H…

·
Piker
10,121 Posts
I still remember a football playoff game in Cedar Falls in 2008.
Even if I don’t remember John O’Connor, Ha!

Difficult to remember locations last season, when I didn’t get to any games…thought we were there then. But looks like we were home for UNI last year and for Charleston the year before. Both were suppose to H&H…
I am pretty sure you played Northern Iowa at home last season. I might be wrong on the return to Cedar Falls but I cannot imagine it was a buy game for UR.

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
UNI played at the Richies' Robins Center last December. I don't know what the arrangement for this upcoming season is, if any.

Now, stop hijacking our thread. Back to your regularly scheduled Bonnies' programming.

221 - 240 of 259 Posts