·
Piker
10,202 Posts

·
Registered
St. Bonaventure
6,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #262 ·
I remember covering them when I worked in Maryland way back in the day. Fang Mitchell was their coach. Now Juan Dixon is on the bench. VCU's Coppin State transfer Medley-Bacon was here for a sip of water. I hardly knew him.
One of my vivid childhood NCAA memories is when Fang Mitchell’s Eagles beat a 2 seed in the 1st round.

·
Piker
10,202 Posts
One of my vivid childhood NCAA memories is when Fang Mitchell’s Eagles beat a 2 seed in the 1st round.
Were you the one that suggested GW play teams from their area? This game is karma. Ha!

·
Registered
St. Bonaventure
6,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #264 · (Edited)
Were you the one that suggested GW play teams from their area? This game is karma. Ha!
Haaaa… I was. This game is fine by me. The rest of the OOC is pretty strong, and I’m always in favor of a couple of should-be tin cans.

We have one or two left to schedule. The MTSU game is the return game of a H/H series, but I’m not positive that’s being played this year—if at all. The Niagara game may be played at Key Bank Center in Buffalo.

So far, we’re looking at this…

Confirmed dates:
11/09- SIENA
11/18- vs. Boise State*
11/19- vs. Clemson/Temple*
11/21- vs. West Virginia/Ole Miss/Marquette/Elon*
11/27- NORTHERN IOWA
12/01- COPPIN STATE
12/04- BUFFALO
12/11- vs. UConn (Prudential Center, Newark)
12/17- vs. Virginia Tech (Spectrum Center, Charlotte)

Dates TBD:
CANISIUS
@ Niagara
MIDDLE TENNESSEE STATE (H/H return?)

*Charleston Classic field includes SBU, Clemson, West Virginia, Ole Miss, Marquette, Temple, Boise State, and Elon.

**Edited to update schedule dates

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Haaaa… I was. This game is fine by me. The rest of the OOC is pretty strong, and I’m always in favor of a couple of should-be tin cans.

We have one or two left to schedule. The MTSU game is the return game of a H/H series, but I’m not positive that’s being played this year—if at all. The Niagara game may be played at Key Bank Center in Buffalo.

So far, we’re looking at this…

Confirmed dates:
11/9- SIENA
11/18- Charleston Classic*
11/19- Charleston Classic*
11/21- Charleston Classic
11/27- NORTHERN IOWA
12/17- vs. Virginia Tech (Spectrum Center, Charlotte)

Dates TBD:
vs. UConn (Prudential Center, Newark)
BUFFALO
CANISIUS
@ Niagara
COPPIN STATE
MIDDLE TENNESSEE STATE

*Charleston Classic field includes SBU, Clemson, West Virginia, Ole Miss, Marquette, Temple, Boise State, and Elon.
That's a good-looking schedule. Hopefully you get some good draws in Charleston.

·
Registered
St. Bonaventure
6,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #271 ·
You've got your own version of the Philly Big 5 going on, right there in Upstate New York.
Yes we do. It’s been that way for a long, long time, but a few of the schools have been down for a while now; consequently, the extent of the rivalries isn’t as well known as the Big 5 (rightfully so). Still, those games tend to be blood and guts rock fights. NEVER sleep on them… or pay dearly.

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
1997 was your childhood? I am way too used to the spider fanbase...
I expect all fans to be at least Fang's age...
Bill is old before his time. You'll be able to get him in a sweater vest in less than five years. He will probably still curse like a drunken sailor, but he'll fall asleep in his favorite chair just like your crazy uncle.

·
Registered
St. Bonaventure
6,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #275 ·
Bill is old before his time. You'll be able to get him in a sweater vest in less than five years. He will probably still curse like a drunken sailor, but he'll fall asleep in his favorite chair just like your crazy uncle.
My family has always said I belong in a bygone era, so you may be onto something.

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Played on the Argentine U19 team. Appears to be of Brazilian birth if I'm reading my Spanish correctly.

EDIT: NM, there appears to be a Bahia region in Argentina as well as Brazil.

·
Registered
St. Bonaventure
6,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #280 ·
Pump the breaks on Rossi… I was told this is either inaccurate or, at most, he’d be a preferred walk-on.

261 - 280 of 287 Posts