Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
321 - 337 of 337 Posts

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
He should be coaching in the Sun Belt then.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Humbug! I have not, and will not, read a single word from any preseason publication.
Let me summarize. Bonaventure is a "darkhorse" Final Four team because they return their starting five, and get this, they add not one but TWO ACC transfers!

Don't look into the fact that one ACC transfer averaged 0.004 PPG. He went to powerhouse WAKE FOREST, so he's got to be the best incoming player on Bona's roster!

·
Piker
10,321 Posts
He went to powerhouse WAKE FOREST, so he's got to be the best incoming player on Bona's roster!
That powerhouse has produced some solid players. VCU got a guy named Jamie Skeen who did not do that much at Wake. He was a beast in the 2011 NCAA Tournament. Skeen averaged 15.7 points and 7.3 rebounds in the Final Four run.

Reactions: JonBoy

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
That powerhouse has produced some solid players. VCU got a guy named Jamie Skeen who did not do that much at Wake. He was a beast in the 2011 NCAA Tournament. Skeen averaged 15.7 points and 7.3 rebounds in the Final Four run.
Jamie was my favorite from that team and wish we had more than the 2 years we got from him. Joey and Brad got most of the attention, but Jamie was the unsung hero of the 2011 run.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Chris Paul & Tim Duncan weren't bad either...

·
Registered
81 Posts
I get that, AA, but more so pointing towards the fact that these writers assume all transfers from P5s will be impact players regardless of whether they were good or not at their prior stop.

Not knocking Q. Adams, but for the amount of ink he gets for doing nothing at WF is annoying. We have a JUCO All-American coming in and no one writes about that. Kid shot almost 50% from three...and not on only 16 shots like Adams.

·
Piker
10,321 Posts
I get that, AA, but more so pointing towards the fact that these writers assume all transfers from P5s will be impact players regardless of whether they were good or not at their prior stop.

Not knocking Q. Adams, but for the amount of ink he gets for doing nothing at WF is annoying. We have a JUCO All-American coming in and no one writes about that. Kid shot almost 50% from three...and not on only 16 shots like Adams.
Tsohonis from the Pac12 and Nichols from the Big East will run roughshod over the A10 because you know....the competition is weaker.

• Haha
Reactions: 3rdShayCripSet

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Tsohonis from the Pac12 and Nichols from the Big East will run roughshod over the A10 because you know....the competition is weaker.
I see Tsohonis’ game translating to the A10. He shot the ball decently in the Pac12 and averaged 12 points in 20 minutes a game. Nichols may have some work yet.

Tsohonis and Toumani Camara we’re huge transfers for the A10. Camara is 6’8” ultra athletic and averaged 13 and 8 in 28 minutes at Georgia. Camara gets very little mention from the talking heads but like Tsohonis is a P5 transfer that the A10 normally doesn’t get.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I see Tsohonis’ game translating to the A10. He shot the ball decently in the Pac12 and averaged 12 points in 20 minutes a game. Nichols may have some work yet.

Tsohonis and Toumani Camara we’re huge transfers for the A10. Camara is 6’8” ultra athletic and averaged 13 and 8 in 28 minutes at Georgia. Camara gets very little mention from the talking heads but like Tsohonis is a P5 transfer that the A10 normally doesn’t get.
Camara has been in virtually every A10 preview I've seen at the national level.

·
Piker
10,321 Posts

I like the fact that Nichols blocked 27 shots as a freshman. I just want him to be one of the defensive pests. Offense would be gravy.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Camara has been in virtually every A10 preview I've seen at the national level.
I’m not talking about casual mentions that he transferred in to Dayton Spicoli. He’s a legitimate 1st team candidate despite not playing a game in the A10 but doesn’t get that type of hype. He would have been on the SEC’s preseason all conference teams if he stayed at UGA. Smell the Glove he will be that good.

321 - 337 of 337 Posts