Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

81 - 100 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
That must be a long game move. I don't think the Bonnies have any open roster spots.
Assume someone left?

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
OK, I don't follow the transfer stuff all that close. But I don't recall seeing anyone transfer out of Bona; only reading all the news about they have no seniors and everyone should be back.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
OK, I don't follow the transfer stuff all that close. But I don't recall seeing anyone transfer out of Bona; only reading all the news about they have no seniors and everyone should be back.
Your confusion is understandable. Virtually all the minutes, points, rebounds, assists, and blocks will be, as of the moment, returning. Only a little bit over half the scholarship roster, though...

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Do you really not know that they have 7 of 8 seniors returning but no one else?

·
Registered
St. Bonaventure
6,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Some of the seniors-to-be, I’ve been told, intend to exercise the extra year in 2022-2023, so the roster isn’t quite as thin as it appears beyond next season. I just hope Lofton, Osun, and/or Welch are some of them.

·
Piker
10,016 Posts
Some of the seniors-to-be, I’ve been told, intend to exercise the extra year in 2022-2023, so the roster isn’t quite as thin as it appears beyond next season. I just hope Lofton, Osun, and/or Welch are some of them.
It will be hard to keep track of scholarships especially due to the fact that every player has an option for an extra season.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Do you really not know that they have 7 of 8 seniors returning but no one else?
Sorry, as I said I don't follow the transfer market, and didn't notice a lot of Bona transfer news.
It's a long way from Olean to Spartanburg.

·
Piker
10,016 Posts
Sorry, as I said I don't follow the transfer market, and didn't notice a lot of Bona transfer news.
It's a long way from Olean to Spartanburg.
I posted their two transfers on this site.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Close but
If you mean the Adams commitment...
Twitter is always blocked on weekends here at work...

Or

It was true when I wrote just not when I posted it. :LOL:
Been cutting and pasting it since the Shaw announcement...

Edit: one more take, I said “seniors returning but no one else” so...who else is RETURNING? :)

·
Registered
St. Bonaventure
6,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
When did Schmidt fire ... I mean have so many players enter the portal?
One left before the season, two left during it, and now Shaw and Vasquez.

Genuinely no firings. I don’t believe we wanted any to go.

Quentin Metcalf quit the team during preseason practices, and I’ve heard he may be done with basketball. He’s trying to be an... uhhhhh... art student.

Justin Winston left after the second game of the season, and it blindsided the staff. He had started most of his freshman season, but was supplanted by Jalen Adaway this year.

Anthony Roberts, a transfer from Kent State, left the team mid-season for personal reasons and never returned. There are some issues there. Again, that one was by no means expected. He had been averaging 20+ mpg.

Shaw and Vasquez? While I have no clue what happened there, I’ll probably hear something over the summer.

81 - 100 of 185 Posts