Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
#1 Trade Crawford,Fizer for Jaric/Ely/Clips #1 pick in 2004(Drejer)

#2 Trade Jerome Williams for Aaron McKie

#3 On draft day trade Bulls #1 pick 2004(Pavel) for Shane Battier

#4 Sign Voshon Lenard in free agency

2004-05:

Hinrich,Jaric,Brunson
Lenard,McKie,Dupree
Battier,Drejer,Robinson
Chandler,Davis,Austin
Curry,Ely,Blount

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
36,839 Posts
Like the plan except for the trade Crawford part. Think you could rework the Bullhawk plan so that Jamal stays?

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It would not be the Bullhawk plan then. I would be contradicting myself now wouldn't I?

·
Warrior Spirit!
4,216 Posts
I don't think trading our #1 pick just for Battier is enough...it would be more reasonable if it was Battier and their #1 pick for our #1 pick...

·
Registered
897 Posts
i agree wit cima...for battier? i think we can get alot more than that...i don't see whut's the BIG deal with battier in the first place....

don't like that plan much...

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
We'd be giving away too much in deal 1 and 3.

Voshon Lenard and James Posey were available last summer. Both would look real good in Bulls uniforms right now. I can't really complain though since I supported the Pippen signing.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
I like 2 and 4

#1 is not a bad deal, but if we are going to package Crawford I'd like to get more. Once Skiles gives up on the you won't play cause we need to win now attitiude, and adopts the let's find out what we do or don't have mentality, we will hopefully see Crawford getting more minutes and production.

I'd like to keep him, but trading him in a packagae that nets up a allstar/borderline all-star in return may need to occur.

As for #1 for Battier - I'm hoping you are referring to us trading our 2nd round picks for a late #1....cause Battier is good, but he is not with a lottery pick straight up.

Plus, This high pick will be Paxson's chance to show he knows how to draft, with the proper amount of time to scout and prepare. I doubt he trades it for less than a all-star.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
I'm not sure what I think of this deal. I had started to reply 2x to this thread by first saying it was a terrible idea, then restarting and declaring it was a good idea, and now just saying it should receive some thought. Essentially we're hoping that we can trade Jamal for Battier and Jaric which isn't all that bad an idea. Sure, trade one it appears uneven on our side, but the Clips are giving up a lottery pick. More importantly, it's not about how much we give up, but rather, do we get what we want? In Jaric we get a quality guard that can offer minutes at the 1 and 2 and in Battier we finally fill our hole at the 3. Neither of them are the exciting players that we'd like, but they can play. In the end that's all that really matters to me. I have to say, I like the idea of this with just moves 1 and 3. Lenard would be nice to have, but with both Jaric and Battier, he's not necessary.

Only thing I would change is we keep our pick and send the Clips' pick to West for Battier. As much as I like the idea of Battier on this team, he's not worth a top 5 pick, especially with the glut of big men entering this draft. West can find his answer at center probably late in this lottery.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My revised Bullhawk plan:

Draft Emeka Okafor

Chandler for Battier, Jones

Curry,Erob,2005 1st rounder for Pierce, Mark Blount

Sign Aryvdas Macjiuaskas and Andres Nocioni.

Hinrich,Macjiuaskas,Brunson
Pierce,Jones,Dupree
Battier,Nocioni,Johnson
Okafor,JYD,Austin
M.Blount,Davis,Shirley

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Ick to both.

A)Trading Crawford or Fizer really aren't legitimate options, period.

B)I'm not on the "fascinated with Pierce" boat. So I'm not crazy about all these trades for him... especially one that involves giving up Curry. And replacing him with Mark Blount (overrated after a great game) would be sadness. I don't mind giving up next years draft pick to bring in Pierce (especially cause with Pierce this team would be competing for a playoff spot) but not Curry.

C)I know everyone says we should sign these Euros, and I don't know much about them even though I really trust this board... we'd have to offer them half of the MLE each. Will they really come over for that? It seems like they'd be better off going to a better team, or with the Bobcats where they could be stars.

I don't know, maybe someone who knows these guys a lot better can indicate whether they'd even come here. But then again, even if they would Paxson would probably prefer Rod Grizzard.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Bullhawk</b>!
My revised Bullhawk plan:

Draft Emeka Okafor

Chandler for Battier, Jones

Curry,Erob,2005 1st rounder for Pierce, Mark Blount

Sign Aryvdas Macjiuaskas and Andres Nocioni.

Pierce,Jones,Dupree
Battier,Nocioni,Johnson
Okafor,JYD,Austin
M.Blount,Davis,Shirley
That's an interesting plan because it doesn't seem wildely optimistic. That being said, I think there are a couple of key weaknesses.

First, I'm not sure Curry and a future first would get Pierce. Curry would have to play consistently very well over the end of the year to do that, I think.

Second, I believe Mark Blount has a player option at the end of the year. If he has any sense, he'll opt out and become a free agent (and thus, the Celts couldn't trade him).

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good point Mike. Just knew that I needed a bigman to come back in return. How about everything else stay the same but make it Curry,Erob,2005 1st rounder for Allen/Potapenko.

Allen,Jones,Dupree
Battier,Nocioni,Johnson
Okafor,JYD,Austin
Potapenko,Davis,Shirley

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
bullhawk

What happened to your GS idea mate? You were onto something there

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
All this sounds good if I click on the NBA Live 2004 icon on my desktop...

We go from being the worst team in the league to having euro stars, a perenial all-star, the best college player in America and who knows, maybe a new stadium with nothing but luxury boxes while we're at it...

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What happened to your GS idea mate? You were onto something there
I realized that something else would need to be added from our end. The only thing I can come up with is including Pippen(who would then immediately retire) along with Tyson and our first round pick for Dunleavy,Pietrus, and Murphy. How does that sound?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts