Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As Bulls fans, I think we should prepare ourselves for a disappointing start to the 2002-03 NBA season. The Bulls' schedule for the month of November is autrotious! Of the 16 games in Oct/Nov, only 4 are with opponents who didn't make the play offs last year; Milwaukee, Atlanta, G.S., and Memphis. What's scary is that it was a fluke that the Bucks missed the playoffs and that Atlanta has gauranteed their fans that they will make the playoffs (so much for gaurantees). The Bulls play Boston 3 times, New Orleans and Dallas twice, and the Lakers, Raptors, Nets, Sacramento, and Jazz once. To add insult to injury, only 5 of the 16 aforementioned games will be played in the United Center.

The Bulls are still very young and inexperienced. These players will need to time to adjust to one another. Jalen and Jamaal only played the last couple of months last season and were without the services of Eddie Robinson. New faces have arrived (JWill, Baxtor, and Mason Jr) and more are expected to come aboard (a free agent or two). Let's also not forget that we'll have 2 players (Tyson and Eddy) with just one year of NBA experience and zero years of college ball.

As excited as I am about the future of this team, I fear that their character will be tested to the hilt during the first month of the season. The Bulls definitely have the talent to develop into a championship caliber team, I just hope the fans and the players have the patience and dedication to fight the battle to get there.

·
Registered
586 Posts
a couple of wins

Well thats one win over L.A. and we always usaully split the games with Boston. And we should win 2 or 3 against the non-playoff teams. And what ever against the other teams.

·
Is not afraid of shadows!
5,094 Posts
I think Sacramento, LA, and Dallas are likely to be blow-outs. The other teams, though, really don't scare me. We've gotten a lot better, while some of these teams will come back in worse shape than they were last season.

I could see us winning anywhere from 6 to 9 of those 16 games.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Wow, this is certainly an exrtremely tough schedule. Remember last year the wizards started off horribly and then went on a big winning streak. If the bulls can find a way to stay in some of these games and pull of some close wins I think it may actually help them mature quickly into the season, if the bulls want to eventually be a championship calibre team they need to beat other contenders. If the baby bulls can at least compete and make a game out of these contests i will be thrilled. Close games against difficult opponents will help them in close game situations, you have to play against teams that are better than you in order to get better, this shouldnt be much of a problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts