Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 260 Posts

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Bulls just won a road game without Kirk Hinrich even playing.

Can this really be possible?

How on Earth did this happen?

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
The Raptors suck.

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
VincentVega said:
The Raptors suck.
There are 7 teams in the NBA worse than the Raptors in overall record and the Raps are a really good home team... 21-13 at home this season.

Somehow we won without Hinrich.

I'm still scratching my head.

How on Earth did we beat one of the best home teams in the league without Kirk Hinrich?

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
Well first off it starts with Kirk Hinrich not being the best player or most important player on the Bulls. Eddy Curry is because he restructures how an opponent has to play us imo. Kirk is a very important player though for the most part. We also had other guys come up big tonight like Othello and Duhon, and we were in the absence of another 3-15 shooting night. We did about the same as we would have done with him tonight imo.

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
remlover said:
i guess Kirk is useless and just a role player for this team. We might as well trade him for a 2nd round pick.
Gosh. I think that's a little over the top.

But it appears that... at least for one night... the Chicago Bulls can win without Kirk Hinrich.

·
Registered
8,660 Posts
This is a team. We don't have stars/superstars carrying us every night. Everybody chips in a little. Kirk can be replaced through good team play and that's what happened tonight.

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
truebluefan said:
We win all year long without Crawford. How was that suppose to happen?
No need to take the thread off topic TBF.

Every thread does not have to be about Jamal. Perhaps this is best suited for the "Crawford Update" thread.

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
36,839 Posts
I seem to remember the Bulls winning a game once in a while without Michael Jordan. Even against good teams. What's your point, exactly?

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
SPMJ said:
This is a team. We don't have stars/superstars carrying us every night. Everybody chips in a little. Kirk can be replaced through good team play and that's what happened tonight.
Exactly.

And this wasn't the case much of the time last year.

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
Time for the administrators to get the paperwork ready for the banning of kukoc4ever for questioning whether or not Kirk is the heart and soul fo the Chicago Bulls.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
TomBoerwinkle#1 said:
I seem to remember the Bulls winning a game once in a while without Michael Jordan. Even against good teams. What's your point, exactly?
I think he is asking a legitimate question as he was watching the Knicks thrash the Celtics tonight and wants to know what happened in our game. He knew enough to say that none of JC's perimeter shots were off the backboard tonihgt so I'm assuming he was watching the Knick game.

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
dkg1 said:
He knew enough to say that none of JC's perimeter shots were off the backboard tonihgt so I'm assuming he was watching the Knick game.
I have an array of television sets in my compound.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Kukoc4ever: Why not just make a "Bash Hinrich" thread and post all your little comments in there?

You might try to act coy and pretend you arent attacking him, but clearly this whole thread is a back-handed slap to Kirk Hinrich.

Some posters make me scratch my head. Are you guys not happy w/ a win? Aren't you thrilled that w/o our team captain and on the road against a tough home team we come out with a big win to get to 35 wins??

Seems like some posters have agendas here. Maybe i'm just a tad cranky tonight, but this thread irks me and instead of ignoring it i have to share my displeasure.

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
remlover said:
Kukoc4ever: Why not just make a "Bash Hinrich" thread and post all your little comments in there?

You might try to act coy and pretend you arent attacking him, but clearly this whole thread is a back-handed slap to Kirk Hinrich.

Some posters make me scratch my head. Are you guys not happy w/ a win? Aren't you thrilled that w/o our team captain and on the road against a tough home team we come out with a big win to get to 35 wins??

Seems like some posters have agendas here. Maybe i'm just a tad cranky tonight, but this thread irks me and instead of ignoring it i have to share my displeasure.
I like Hinrich. How am I attacking him? Have I said anything bad about him?

We had 2 of our 3 team captains playing tonight. AD and THE HAWK were both ready to roll. Hinrich was nursing an injury.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
kukoc4ever said:
I have an array of television sets in my compound.

I knew it, you live in a compound! Would this be a compound like they had in Waco years ago? The Branch Crawfordian Compound?

In answer to your question, Toronto really stunk it up in the first half, a lot of their offensive woes had to do with our defensive effort. The Bulls simply seemed to play harder to me. Skiles said part of the gameplan was to not let Toronto beat them from three point land. They did a good job of getting a hand in the shooter's face. I believe they were 2-16 at one point in the 1st quarter? Speaking of effort, one reporter asked Skiles about the players stepping up with their "heart and soul of the team on the bench". He said the difference between this year and last is that they have more players who play hard and with heart, or something to that effect. Take it for what you will.

Don't underestimate Captain Kirk as an inspiration to his teammates from the bench. The team fed off his towel waiving and cheering. When Toronto made their run in the second half, I was waiting for Kirk to pull a Willis Reed and come walking out of the crowd to bring home a victory.

1 - 20 of 260 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.