Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone like the way he shoots? His shot looks akward, but man he can get it done. If he could learn to do his step backs, and his fadeaways at the right time he could produce a great shot. I loved the fadeaway he shot over Okafor. Leans back, shoots, gets the fouls, the ball drops, and Bosh goes for a three point play.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
His shot is extremely effective, but I think it's pretty ugly. But who cares? It's impossible to block with his length and ability to step back and create space between him and in the defender.

It's a lot like Bonner's shot in that his shot stresses a lot on the shooting hand, and looks like it doesn't get much support from his off hand.

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
vigilante said:
His shot is extremely effective, but I think it's pretty ugly. But who cares? It's impossible to block with his length and ability to step back and create space between him and in the defender.

It's a lot like Bonner's shot in that his shot stresses a lot on the shooting hand, and looks like it doesn't get much support from his off hand.
Yeah you said it perfectly vigilante, it might be pretty, but it works. However sometimes when he makes that shot, it looks real sweet.
He's really worked on his shot since coming into the league, and I'm hoping that he can soon average 50% from the field.

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
This season he's taken a considerable number of jump shots. He's still top-15 in dunks, but he is at risk of becoming a big jump shooter. Hopefully this summer he can get stronger and develop his back-to-the-basket game some more. He's more effective closer to the rim. I want the jump shot to be something he falls back on, not his primary weapon.

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
I don't think it looks weird. Remember Keon Clark. He had a similar set shot as Bosh does. So does Rodney Rogers. Its because they're all leftys.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Slasher said:
I don't think it looks weird. Remember Keon Clark. He had a similar set shot as Bosh does. So does Rodney Rogers. Its because they're all leftys.
Okay, but is it just me or was Keon Clark like a poor man's Chris Bosh?

Bosh doing what Clark did, only better.

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
BBB said:
Okay, but is it just me or was Keon Clark like a poor man's Chris Bosh?

Bosh doing what Clark did, only better.
Clark's offense isn't comparable to Bosh's. Not in the same galaxy. Clark is a nutbar, too. Bosh is very stable.

Clark wasn't much of a rebounder, either.

I think the similarities end at being skinny and blocking some shots. As well as the go-go-gadget dunk that both of them have done in a Raptors uniform.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts