Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not trying to bait or anything but this is just a question. Is the city portraying the team as a bad team and saying that the Vince trade was the worst trade in the history of the team

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
there are those that think the trade was bad and those that think the trade was really bad, but given that the bulk of the trade was draft picks, it's too early to really put the issue to rest.

as a whole, heck yes, fans are fans and stick with there team, but TV ratings are down, attendance is down. There is still quite a bit of coverage, because there is still a lot of fans, but mostly the team is portrayed in a negative way. If something positive is said about the team it is usually in referance to the great play of Chris Bosh and the outstanding early results put up by the rooks.

The city and the fan base gave up on Wince a long time ago.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Vinsane said:
I am not trying to bait or anything but this is just a question. Is the city portraying the team as a bad team and saying that the Vince trade was the worst trade in the history of the team
If by city you mean media. Yes and yes.

Are they bad? Yes, but really by design.

Was it a bad trade? Yes and no. Vince devalued himself and the Raps acted way to late. He should have been traded 2 drafts ago when our new GM was hired rather than VC's choice, Dr. J.

In the end the contracts we took come off the books at the same time as the immovable bad contract in Jalen Rose, and he got two mid round 1sts which will be key in building good depth for the future of this team.

Joey Graham is the first end of that.

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
I think the most general perception is that the Raps are off track and the moves they are making are bad ones. But I think in general people aren't paying attention, so it's more of a nuisance than a dire problem.

In terms of just Vince, and you might not want to hear this, I think people were pretty much fed up with him and though upset with the return we got for him, weren't unhappy to see him go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts