Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Which team benifits most from this trade?

• The Cavaliers -- Acquire Darius Miles and Harold Jamison

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Clippers -- Acquire Andre Miller and Bryant Stith

Votes: 26 78.8%
  • Niether Team

Votes: 1 3.0%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cavaliers Trade:

Andre Miller
Bryant Stith

Cavaliers Get:

Darius Miles
Harold Jamison

Clippers Trade:

Darius Miles
Harold Jamison

Clippers Get:

Andre Miller
Bryant Stith

Both teams arguably benifit more than the other in this trade, the Cavaliers get Darius Miles and Harold Jamison, for a player they would not have resigned anyway, and an average player. But the Clippers benifit as well, by acquiring one of the premiere point guards in the game, for players stacked up in a position already saturated with talent.

The Clipper's Lineup will look something like this:

PG: Andre Miller/ Keyon Dooling
SG: Quentin Richardson/ Eric Piatkowski
SF: Lamar Odom/ Corey Maggette
PF: Elton Brand/ Melvin Ely/ Chris Wilcox
C: Michael Owolakandi/ Sean Rooks

Where-as the Cavalier's lineup should look something like this:

PG: Jeff Trepagnier/ DaJuan Wagner
SG: Trajan Langdon/ DaJuan Wagner
SF: Darius Miles/ Ricky Davis/ Lamond Murray
PF: Tyrone Hill/ Harold Jamison
C: Chris Mihm/ DeSagana Diop

The Cavaliers find themselves with a jam at the SF position, so the competition should be tight to see who gets the starting spot. Another trade is possible with the Cavaliers, especially with their lack of point guards. Jeff Trepagnier can play the Point, but behind him, its pretty unstable. Rumors of a trade involving New Orlean's Hornet Point Guard Baron Davis have surfaced, and supposedly he plans to not resign with the team.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Right now the Clippers benefit the most. In 5 years that may change. The trade was an established top PG for a "player with lots of potential" . If that potential pans out I will have to re-examine the trade and may have to change my vote. Over the next couple of years LAC raped the Cavs.

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
If I were Cavs, this would be my line-up:

PG:DaJuan
SG:Davis or Miles
SF:Davis or Miles
PF:Hill
C:Mihm

Diop, Langdon, and Trepagnier can get plenty of minutes off of the bench.

Very exciting team, and they have a chance to get LeBron.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
DUDE!

Originally posted by STING
Where-as the Cavalier's lineup should look something like this:

The Cavaliers find themselves with a jam at the SF position, so the competition should be tight to see who gets the starting spot. Another trade is possible with the Cavaliers, especially with their lack of point guards. Jeff Trepagnier can play the Point, but behind him, its pretty unstable. Rumors of a trade involving New Orlean's Hornet Point Guard Baron Davis have surfaced, and supposedly he plans to not resign with the team.
Jeff Trapagnier will NOT be re-signed by the Cavs and will NEVER touch the floor in this league EVER AGAIN. Trajan Langdon will NOT be re-signed by the Cavs EITHER and will ALSO NEVER touch the floor in this league EVER AGAIN. Ricky Davis will start at SG for the Cavs, not at SF. Harold Jamison will NOT touch the floor for the Cavs this season. And you are leaving out several dudes--Zydrunas Ilgauskus (the starting center), Jumaine Jones (the top forward off the bench), Carlos Boozer (may get some minutes at PF eventually next season), Bimbo Coles (the team's only backup PG). PLUS, I know that everybody keeps telling me what an idiot I am for suggesting this, but I really do think that the Cavs will start Miles at POWER forward and try to get him to beef up during the offseason. When all you can do is dunk, you need to be playing PF, not SF!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: DUDE!

Originally posted by robyg1974

DUDE!
Jeff Trapagnier will NOT be re-signed by the Cavs and will NEVER touch the floor in this league EVER AGAIN. Trajan Langdon will NOT be re-signed by the Cavs EITHER and will ALSO NEVER touch the floor in this league EVER AGAIN. Ricky Davis will start at SG for the Cavs, not at SF. Harold Jamison will NOT touch the floor for the Cavs this season. And you are leaving out several dudes--Zydrunas Ilgauskus (the starting center), Jumaine Jones (the top forward off the bench), Carlos Boozer (may get some minutes at PF eventually next season), Bimbo Coles (the team's only backup PG). PLUS, I know that everybody keeps telling me what an idiot I am for suggesting this, but I really do think that the Cavs will start Miles at POWER forward and try to get him to beef up during the offseason. When all you can do is dunk, you need to be playing PF, not SF!
DUDE!

are YOU the CAVS?

No!!

Saying that all Darius Miles can do is dunk is totally rediculous. He may not be the best shooter, but he is super-explosive and a good mid range shooter. I actually kind of liked Trajan Langdon, and trust me, he very well WILL touch the NBA floor again. Chris Mihm is the better center in my opinion, and nobody has yet penciled either in. Wheew :rolleyes:

·
Registered
924 Posts
Originally posted by STING

Are you on crack??? First of all the Cavs have said they will not resign Trepagnier, Langdon. It's looking more and more likely every day that they won't get Ricky Davis back. If you put Wagner on the bench, you have lost all creditability. Look for them to trade for Daniels. Possibly a Mihm + Jones for him. They also have a players named Zydrunas Ilguaskus, Carlos Boozer.

Lineup:
C-Zydrunas Ilguaskas
PF-Tyrone Hill
SF-Darius Miles
SG-Dajuan Wagner
PG-Antonio Daniels

IMX, please stop with the insults. Consider yourself warned- I know you can make a post without insulting, as you did on nbadraft.net's old board. Thanks- Devestata.

·
Registered
162 Posts
if they arent gonna get davis back why not sign and trade him for daniels? at least they get something back for him then, not to mention how much that could help the spurs.

·
Registered
77 Posts
mihm is better than ilguaskas? are you joking? when he's healthy ilguaskas is probably the third best center in the league (behind o'neal and o'neal). Mihm has done absolutely nothing and never will.
-bmckay

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by bmckay
mihm is better than ilguaskas? are you joking? when he's healthy ilguaskas is probably the third best center in the league (behind o'neal and o'neal). Mihm has done absolutely nothing and never will.
-bmckay
When hes healthy

This precedes to let everyone know that he is INJURY prone, very injury prone, he has screws in both of his feet. That leads me to believe Mihm is your best bet. Ok?

IMX -- I'm not on crack, thanks

As for everyone's opinion on how Clevland won't resign Langdon and Trepagnier -- They aren't gone yet, so I am going to include them in my lineup. I think Wagner will start, but in the case that Langdon and Trepagetc. are still there, he might not.

Whats with the insults? Chill the monkey funk out:mad:

·
Moderator/Head Decepticon
7,624 Posts
I'll put my 2 cents in for this. The Cavs weren't even close to being raped. Dre would've left Cleveland in a heartbeat once his contract was up, as he has no desire to play there. Miles will be in stardom soon. It took Kobe, and KG, two HS phenoms a few years before they became stars. I have to ask the Clippers point of view on why they even did this. Ever heard of Marko Jaric and Keyon Dooling? Hell, obviously they didn't want to wait for those two to develop, so they traded a future star for an NBA ready PG.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Miles will get better, no doubt about that, they needed Dre more than Miles, it was very difficult to let miles go, but Dre was the missing piece they needed to make a run at the playoffs, They have Odom and Maggette to cover the SF position now. K.Dooling has been hurt, and his status remains uncertain, if he remains healthy, they'll be stable in the back court, as for Jaric, he ready and he just simlpy needs to learn from Dre, The Clipps can switch Jaric & Dooloing to SG as well. The Clipps are loaded with talent, and they had that type of flexability to make this trade, but it wasn't easy, I think it will work out for both teams, but the question is??? will Miles want to come back??

·
7,624 Posts
Originally posted by LA-Drew
Miles will get better, no doubt about that, they needed Dre more than Miles, it was very difficult to let miles go, but Dre was the missing piece they needed to make a run at the playoffs, They have Odom and Maggette to cover the SF position now. K.Dooling has been hurt, and his status remains uncertain, if he remains healthy, they'll be stable in the back court, as for Jaric, he ready and he just simlpy needs to learn from Dre, The Clipps can switch Jaric & Dooloing to SG as well. The Clipps are loaded with talent, and they had that type of flexability to make this trade, but it wasn't easy, I think it will work out for both teams, but the question is??? will Miles want to come back??
To answer your question...I don't think so. I'm sure Miles will be glad to know that he is the star in Cleveland...does he like the Clippers or the Limelight more?

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
I know he liked being a Clipper, because he stated he just loved the fans 100% and of course...he plays with his Best friend Q.

If the Cavs get Lebron next year.....do you think that would have some sort of a positive effect with Miles decision to stay in Cleveland??

·
7,624 Posts
I know he liked being a Clipper, because he stated he just loved the fans 100% and of course...he plays with his Best friend Q.

If the Cavs get Lebron next year.....do you think that would have some sort of a positive effect with Miles decision to stay in Cleveland??
It may indeed, because then Cleveland may become a winner. I wouldn't be surprised to see Q sign with Cleveland if they don't land Lebron, but if they did, imagine this lineup:

C-Diop
PF-Jones
SF-Miles
SG-Q Rich
PG-Lebron

Lebron is an excellent passer, he could play PG. That team right there is good, assuming Ricky Davis Walks...

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
That would be one hell of a line-up for sure!!!
It wouldn't be your typical NBA game, more of a track meet or a high flying act.......that would be great!!!

As for Q....he is saddened by the trade, he also mentioned on FoxSports last night, that they clearly understand the business side of the NBA, I believe the Clipps have an extension for him already, and he's mentioned he wants to stay in LA, but I would push for that move to have Q playing with the Cavs alongside Darius and hopefully Lebron.

Is Lebron a 2 or 3??

·
7,624 Posts
That would be one hell of a line-up for sure!!!
It wouldn't be your typical NBA game, more of a track meet or a high flying act.......that would be great!!!

As for Q....he is saddened by the trade, he also mentioned on FoxSports last night, that they clearly understand the business side of the NBA, I believe the Clipps have an extension for him already, and he's mentioned he wants to stay in LA, but I would push for that move to have Q playing with the Cavs alongside Darius and hopefully Lebron.

Is Lebron a 2 or 3??
He is probably a 1,2,and 3. He is supposed to top out at 6'10, so it'd be awesome. Q could probably play PG as well, if he were to sign with Cleveland, that is.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts