Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anybody has remembered that Scott is an ex-Laker and a guy who always speaks his mind.

I wonder how Scott will do when and if Phil starts his "Zen" stuff in the media and/or tries to beat up verbally on the young Nets coach??!

From what I remember about Scott - I'd say that Phil will be as "well-mannered" as he was against Bird in 2000 - :angel: - which is pleasant for the fans to not have to listen to his zen-schmiel. Down deep Phil should know that ShaqMan is his meal ticket because nobody shuts down Shaq and maybe he'll be respectful to young Scott.

What do you think about the coaches match up?

·
A!
9,434 Posts
I think Phil's zen BS is starting to wear thin among other coaches. Simply put, the Lakers just aren't good enough for the mind games to work anymore. The Kings exposed them as frauds who needed help from the officials to advance.

I doubt the Nets will be intimidated....

P.S.

Don't be surprised to see Kenyon Martin give a warm welcome to Kobe "I wanna be like Mike" Bryant.. ;)

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"Don't be surprised to see Kenyon Martin give a warm welcome to Kobe "I wanna be like Mike" Bryant.. "

If Kenyon is too "rough" on Kobe, it'll mean a possible ejection and maybe even suspension for a game or 2 - so the Nets are sure to make Kenyon tow the line when it comes to that kind of stuff! But I suppose a "hard" foul that isn't going for his head might pass the inspection of the refs. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts