Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Skokie, IL 60076
17,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But under examination, he was found to have an irregular heartbeat, so he spent the game in the locker room hooked up to an electrocardiograph to monitor his heartbeat.

One of his teammates said Curry had complained previously of occasional dizziness and fatigue but did not think it was serious.

"He thought it was all part of this being the hardest-working season he's been involved in,'' the teammate said. "He worked hard all last summer and continues to work hard, and he was thinking this was all part of that no-pain-no-gain thing.

"He still doesn't think it's anything serious because he wasn't feeling any sharp pains and he hasn't really blacked out or had a heart attack or something like that. And he still seems like the same old fun-loving, easy-going Eddy to me. He's OK. He's as strong as a mule.''
http://www.suntimes.com/output/sports/cst-spt-eddy01.html

Now I'm not saying that playing hard had anything to do with Eddy's condition, in fact the offseason training probably added a few years to his life . However the attitude of "winning at all costs" and "don't whine and play through the pain" can have some negative effect on some people, especially players who never has worked this hard in his life. The expectations are high for this young man. His coach, his teammates, fans, family, agent are all expecting a crazy productive year from him and add that extra pressure with this "right way" culture and you've got a recipe for disaster. Curry may feel he has to tightlipped about certain things since he doesn't want to whine and let down his teammates whether it be about his contract status or his health.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Get well soon EC.

This had better not be serious. If it is, we can officially say that God hates the Bulls. First Jwill, now EC???

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
7thwatch said:
Get well soon EC.

This had better not be serious. If it is, we can officially say that God hates the Bulls. First Jwill, now EC???
Eddy said that he should be back saturday for the cats, so I don't think its too serious.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts