Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I kinda feel BAD for Kareem Rush,cuz hes an AWESOME baller yet hes entering a draft thats loaded with talented BIG MEN.I think hes got BIG TIME potential to be an ALL-STAR if not SUPER-STAR in this league,yet hes gonna fall to at-least #15,thats just WRONG!

Mark my words,Rush will be the BIGGEST steal in this draft if he falls out of the lottery,which he most likely will.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
he shoulda

come out last year... I bet he drops further than 15 even.

·
Registered
127 Posts
But...

I bet Rush ends up being drafted by Indiana(a la Reggie Miller)....Im willing to bet $$$

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
Rush

Yeah you are right in a way, but Rush is not a top 10 quality player because he is not that good all around. If he was as athletic as Paulding and could dribble then we would be talking about something.

But Kareem is still the best jump shooter in the draft IMO, when he is on his shot is sweet to watch

·
Registered
924 Posts
It Won't Be Sad For Rush...

He may not go in the lottery but he will be in a better position than most players. He is already a great shooter and he gets to go to Indiana and play behind the greatest shooter ever, Reggie Miller. He gets to learn about the game from Miller which will help him in the long run.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I don't think Rush will get any further than Philly, hes just way too popular with that. but its true, he isn't an all-around player, he shys away from contact, is lax on the defensive end, but players who shoot that well and have that much heart can always find a way to make it work.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Rush

Rush diserves to get drafted at #14 or #15. He wasn't that great. He only really had great games in the NCAA Tournament. He won't be the steal of the draft. He'll probably be a good player though.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Rush

Rush deserves to get drafted at #14 or #15. He wasn't that great. He only really had great games in the NCAA Tournament. He won't be the steal of the draft. He'll probably be a good player though.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Sorry

Sorry about the 2 posts, my computer got messed up. I didn't mean to.:grinning:

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
To those who don't know

If Rush would've come out last year he would've been a late first round pick because of his injury. He tore a tendon in his shooting thumb, or something like that. He came back early with a soft cast and still played great, scoring as many as 31 in one game with the cast on his shooting hand. Even though he did well, NBA teams are reluctant to take players with serious injuries at the time of the draft. A serious injury to his shooting hand that close to the draft would cause him to fall quite a bit.

Now, about his game and where he should be drafted. Most people think he's a shooter, and that's it. The comparison to Allan Houston at nbadraft.net is misleading. Rush is MUCH more than a spot up jumpshooter. He's the best shooter in the draft according to many people, such as David Aldridge at espn, who, unlike some of their other analysists, actually is a very smart guy who knows his stuff.

People also assume he can't drive to the basket, is a bad defender, not a great athlete, and needs to work on his handle. I watched him more last season than anyone here, I'd bet a lot of money on that. He seemed to use his right hand almost exclusively when driving. He's left handed. I think he was so worried about showing scouts he can do it that he didn't focus on doing what he's able to, which is go left. When he's on, he's able to shoot over you because of his lightning release, or drive and spin away for the fadeaway, which is unguardable.

Now, about his defense and passing. Mr. X said that he only had great games in the tournament, well that's just wrong. He didn't have any HUGE games in the regular season that I recall, but he averaged 20 a game, which means he at least had plenty of good games. And in the tournament he didn't even score that much. He did a great job of passing, defending, and rebounding though. I think he really showed that he's a capable defender and a good team player. During the season he just wasn't able to focus.

His whole life he's been playing in someone else's shadow. In highschool it was his brother, who was one of, if not the best highschool prospects in his class. His brother ended up going to UCLA only to become the biggest waste of natural talent in the past 10 years. Hopefully he'll recover from the drinking problem that's ruined his career.

After highschool Kareem went to Missouri, where he played in the shadow of eventual lottery pick Keyon Dooling. As a sophomore no one expected him to do what he did, so he was able to take people by surprise. Clarence Gilbert was the focus of the defense that season and it enabled Kareem to let loose.

Last year Kareem was the main guy, the first time in his career that the defense really was focusing on stopping him, and him alone. Near the end of the season he was finally learning how to play while being constantly double teamed, and he was doing everything well since he didn't have to work so hard on offense.

In the NBA, he won't be the 1st option for any team right away. He'll be able to shoot from the outside and get into the lane since they won't be focusing so hard on stopping him. He very well could end up to be the steal of this draft. Learning under a great player like Reggie couldn't hurt either.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Kareem's Bro

Who is Kareem's bro and what position did he play?

·
Registered
924 Posts
Jaron Rush..

Jaron Rush was his name...Played at UCLA at the 2 guard spot.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Yeah, Jaron Rush

He's shorter than Kareem, 6'4" or 6'5", and never developed a jumpshot. He's an AMAZING athlete though, and great in transition. He's a year older than Kareem, and left UCLA after only two years. He was predicted to go early 2nd by nbadraft.net, but wasn't drafted. Currently he's battling with an alcohol problem. Kareem also has a younger brother, Brandon, who will be a junior in highschool this upcoming year and is top 10-20 in his class. He's 6'5" or so right now and could grow another three inches. From what I've heard he's a lot like Darius Miles, but recently I've heard he is showing a very good jumpshot too, so I don't know. He's supposed to combine the best parts of each of his brothers's games, Jaron's athletic ability and Kareem's offensive game. The strangest thing is they all have different fathers. Mom must've been a baller.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Kareem isnt dropping he is going to Indiana at 14 and if for some reason he doesnt go there he will go to New Orleans.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Originally posted by Tmac'sPack
Kareem isnt dropping he is going to Indiana at 14 and if for some reason he doesnt go there he will go to New Orleans.
I hope he slips to #17! I would love for us to get Rush! If not, we will likely take Welsch.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
He reminds me of Ray Allen...and I agree he will be a steal for the team that takes him.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts