Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, we don't get a lot of traffic in this forum, but there's one thing everybody who visits here can agree on (and hopefully post about) and that is the potential brilliance of Dwight Howard. Hence, I've created this thread where you can post anything regarding the Magic's new saviour :wink:

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
He is a beast! and a future Championship caliber center. Im a big fan of his...

·
Registered
19,468 Posts
I'll admit I wanted him to fail miserably at first. Getting picked over Okafor was like a slap to Okafor's college achievements. But ever since midway last season, I found myself rooting for him. Now I always say- screw Lebron, and screw Amare. Howard's the most underrated young star, he's the real next big thing.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
It is funny how every ESPN analyst got owned. I remember draft night 2004. Magic take Howard and the majority of the analyst say that was a bad pick and Okafor should have been picked. Hell one guy was claiming Darko would have been picked #1 over Okafor and Howard. :laugh: :laugh:

Well a year and half later, Darko is still riding pine and Howard has already surpassed Okafor and is now the best young big man in the game today. He is still not getting props, but by the allstar break, once he is selected to the allstar team (probably by the coaches) the respect will finally start to show.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
deanwoof said:
Emeka who?? :D

Take that all you critics!!

You could say Al Jefferson who?? too. I remember a lot of people saying Jefferson was going to be better than Dwight as well.

Watching him tonight, it is frustrating because Orlando still is terrible at getting him the ball when he needs it. But I can't help but notice Dwight's huge shoulders and how scary he might be a couple years from now.

19 yrs old and 2nd in the league in rebounding ... crazy ..

·
#1 Al Horford Fan
1,260 Posts
JNice said:
You could say Al Jefferson who?? too. I remember a lot of people saying Jefferson was going to be better than Dwight as well.

Watching him tonight, it is frustrating because Orlando still is terrible at getting him the ball when he needs it. But I can't help but notice Dwight's huge shoulders and how scary he might be a couple years from now.

19 yrs old and 2nd in the league in rebounding ... crazy ..
Unfortunately after tonight, lots of Celtics fans will still said that they would take Jefferson over Howard. Jefferson had 9 and 4 in limited minutes, while Dwight had 10 and 10 in 30 plus. Dwight really plays bad against the Celtics, for whatever reason. Perkins is a big body that seems to give him trouble, but I mean, he should dominate Boston's front line.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Let them do it on their own board. They do it anywhere else, they'll get laughed at, like usual. He had an off night.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
YoYoYoWasup said:
Unfortunately after tonight, lots of Celtics fans will still said that they would take Jefferson over Howard. Jefferson had 9 and 4 in limited minutes, while Dwight had 10 and 10 in 30 plus. Dwight really plays bad against the Celtics, for whatever reason. Perkins is a big body that seems to give him trouble, but I mean, he should dominate Boston's front line.

They have to be complete homers to choose Al over Dwight, point blank.

They should realize, and I heard a couple Orlando players say this after the game, that the Boston gameplan obviously heavily involved not letting Dwight get the ball down low. And they did a good job of that .. that along with our crappy post feeding.

·
#1 Al Horford Fan
1,260 Posts
With tonight's 19 rebound effort against Chicago, Dwight became the youngest player in NBA history to reach 1,000 career rebounds.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hey Im a bulls fan but Im a huge fan of Dwight Howard. While Emeka is a good player Dwight is probably already better than him and still has a lot of room to improve. If he is rebounding like this now do you think its out of the question he can have a 20 ppg/20 rpg season in a season or 2?

As for my Bulls Im very excited about Deng, he isnt as good as Howard yet but I think he is going to be a great player maybe Paul Pierce like but with better defense. In my opinion he is much more talented than the more hyped Ben Gordon on our team.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
JNice, Howard is creeping up my love list. He's just terrific. I think Mr. Bibby is about to fall off.

I am so happy for Orlando, because he has character and is a true franchise changing talent, but they need to purge the team. They really do.

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
I watch Magic games on League Pass because of DH!

I won't be suprised if in 3 years Howard will run all over the NBA. Great thread and I'm here to give DH all the props in the world. :cheers:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts