Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shaq definately is one of the nominees, but personally I think the easiest job in the NBA is to be Jason Kidds Teammate.
Kidd is the ultimate playmaker, the best since Magic.:laugh:

·
Home where I wanted to go
9,855 Posts
Shaq will definately get you some easier looks at the basket. Shooter probably love the guy. Just don't play too well or the big man will get jealous. Just ask guys like Penny, Van Exel, and Kobe. Ever wonder why Shaq's best friends are guys that depend solely on him like Fisher and Dennis Scott?

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Kidd does make his teammates better, but you have to go along with what he's doing to make it work. To be O'Neal's teammate means he passes you the ball wide-open, and you just shoot it. It's definately easier I think to be a role-player Laker than a role-player Net.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
I remember reading a book by Cousy, who said playing beside Russell made his job so easy - for a couple reasons:

1)Russell covered you when you gambled for a steal, didn't get it and your man thought he had a clear path to the basket - NOT.

2)Since Russell was never concerned with stats and wanted all of his teammates to do whatever they were best at, there was no envy and all learned to want to win more than wanting any personal stats.

3) Since Russell was a great passer(developed the outlet pass), lifetime 4.3 assists and UP to 4.7 in the playoffs, his teammates always got the ball if they had a more open shot.

4)Because he intimidated as many, if not more, shots as he blocked, he made team defense far easier.

So, I would say that having Shaq is a big plus to all of his teammates. He makes their jobs so much easier.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts