Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, this started off as a discussion on the IGN boards. Someone posted a thread asking if he should trade Jefferson for Walker in a fantasy trade, and the first 4-5 people immediately said yes. One of the guys particularly ticked me off with this quote:

"make the trade.jefferson has a great night and everyone wants him all of a sudden"

I was dumbfounded, so I did some research and posted the following:

No offense, but most people here don't even bother checking what RJ has done recently. Instead they resort to replies like:

"make the trade. jefferson has a great night and everyone wants him all of a sudden"

Take a look at the statlines below and you'll see how much research Mr. J_H_C did before replying.

Points/Rebounds/Assists

Jefferson's last 10 games:

17/13/4
26/2/5
27/8/2
20/6/0
24/7/4
20/8/6
15/3/3
20/6/6
20/6/1
30/9/4 - most recent

Walker's last 10 games:

13/10/8
22/14/4
15/4/6
12/6/5
11/6/2
20/8/6
5/9/3
9/6/2
14/12/11
11/17/13 - most recent

Look at Jefferson's stats in NOVEMBER: HORRIBLE. He scored less than 10 points in many of those games, and just wasn't playing motivated basketball, averaging 13 ppg and 44% from the field.

In DECEMBER, he stepped up bigtime and averaged NINETEEN points per game and shooting 52% from the field.

So far this month, he's averaging 21 points per game, shooting 50% from the field.

Looking over those stats again, it's amazing how people consider Antoine Walker an all-star player, and yet Jefferson is flying so low under the radar that people think he's still averaging 7/4/2 or something.

I mean, those were pretty much his stats from last year, but it's great to see how he's improved his range, shot selection and overall effort. Now if only he could practice on getting higher on his dunks and missing them less often, that'd be awesome :D

·
Premium Member
7,239 Posts
He is playing like an all-star right now and his confidence is sky-high. We saw yesterday that he has extended his range to about half-court:D

Hardwork and dedication has paid off and hope he can continue to play at this level. We're very fortunate, he's still on his rookie contract.

·
Banned
7,719 Posts
Jefferson is a favorite of mine, and I love the way he's progressing this year, but I still might take Walker fantasy-wise.

Ask me again in May. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts