Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The theatrics are outstanding and wildly entertaining, waving to the crowd and cupping a hand to an ear for a little extra adulation, nodding his head in acceptance of the cheers and continually lifting his arms — Touchdown Jalen, as he's come to be known — in protest of some slight, real or perceived, perpetrated by the evil-doers who double as NBA referees.

The sound bites are classics and almost in the Charles Oakley mode, he wants to be Donyell Marshall's agent after his teammate has a big game, he suggests LeBron James might really be something once he's legally able to ingest a cocktail or two, he's never met a notepad he couldn't fill out.

Jalen Rose is something special.
http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Co...111446612228&DPL=IvsNDS/7ChAX&tacodalogin=yes

Interesting article on Jalen, nice to see a positive article about the guy. Sometimes we forget how much he's been through this season.

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
billfindlay10 said:
As much as I know he is not part of the long term plan, I sure am glad he is here now. What would the season be like without Jalen, a few less wins, and a lot less exciting!
I definately have to agree with that.
How many games have we won thanks to Jalen's 4th quarter heroics?
Not only did we pick up the victory, but he sure made those games exciting to watch.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Jalen is probably my favourite Raptor. The guy just reeks of class. I hope we keep him till the end of his contract at least. He's nothing but a perfect role model for the rest of the team (except on defense... and even then he has his moments).

You can just tell he lays it on the line every night. Love the guy.

He deserves even more props than he gets.

Reactions: Turkish Delight

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
I probably wouldn't have said this a year ago, or six months ago, but with the way Jalen has played, I can easily see him finishing-out his contract in Toronto. He makes a lot of money but with the way we have our contracts lined-up, he doesn't interfere with our long-term plans. So long as he is willing to help and give minutes to our future swingmen, whoever they may be in the next two seasons, then I'm happy with Rose staying in Toronto.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
he definitely helps us win games, but he doesn't do much for Bosh. I thought he might be good for taking some heat away from Chris. But he doesn't. He's basically just another chucker when they're on together. And when he backs guys down, you know he's gonna put up a shot. No matter how well he's covered, or by how many guys, and even if Bosh has a wide open lane, that shot is going up.

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
if babs does decide to keep rose for the duration of his contract (not my ideal scenario, but i wouldn't mind it), i hope he will resign as a rap at a much lower pay (say around half of what he's making now?). he's a great mentor for bosh as for as being a leader is concerned.

Reactions: Turkish Delight

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
trick said:
if babs does decide to keep rose for the duration of his contract (not my ideal scenario, but i wouldn't mind it), i hope he will resign as a rap at a much lower pay (say around half of what he's making now?). he's a great mentor for bosh as for as being a leader is concerned.
I haven't seen many people around here talk about resigning Jalen, but I'd be up for it if the price is right. Veteran leadership can go a long way, and since he doesn't rely on athleticism, his age shouldn't have such a dramatic effect on his performance.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
if we could get Jalen at half his salary i would be done for it...Jalen is the type of players who doesnt need speed strength or athletism otherwise known as things that reduce with age, which will make him a good 15-20 ppg player until he retires...he plays purely on bball IQ, and i would love to have him around for a long time...and finnish up his career in toronto..and hopefully we can get him that champioship he is yearning for...

·
Fear The Red
8,910 Posts
i have been saying it for a while now, jalen is worth the money, but i wouldnt resign him unless he is willing to take a major pay cut

·
Chillin'
20,141 Posts
I have a feeling Jalen's gonna be here until his contract runs up (which is also the same year that Magloire's does), and at that point, we might (gasp) re-sign him if we're a good enough team and he's willing to take less than the MLE, or just let him walk and bathe in the capspace.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts