Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.nba.com/bulls/community/deng_thanksgiving05.html

November 17, 2005 – Chicago Bulls forward Luol Deng will visit Pacific Garden Mission’s Gospel League Home (Chicago) on Wednesday, November 23, to serve a Thanksgiving dinner he has purchased to the 400 visitors expected at the home that evening.

Beginning at 5:30 p.m. Deng and Bulls mascot Benny the Bull will serve the traditional turkey dinner followed by dessert and the distribution of Bulls gifts from the star forward. The Gospel League Home is located at 955 West Grand Avenue in Chicago.

“My athletic abilities have opened many doors of opportunity to me,” said Deng. “Along with playing in the NBA, I am fortunate to be in a position to genuinely help others and I intend to take full advantage of that opportunity."

"The holidays can be extremely difficult for those who are struggling because they are a time for celebration, giving thanks and sharing," he continued. "My goal is to remind these people that they are cared about and give them hope that there are better days ahead.”

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
Re: The feel good story of the day: Deng to Provide Thanksgiving Dinner for 400 Chica

Hook me up playa

Its better he spends his $$$ on this stuff than for civil wars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts