Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I really like our matchup with Boston

I expect us to pound it in to Eddy inside who will go to work on Battie and Vin

I like Yell on Walker and I like Trent and Erob rotating on Pierce - although PP is still PP and is going to get his as is Toine

Jalen and Jay have the advantage over Eric Williams and whoever they trot out at the other guard spot

I expect a lot of pen ability from the perimeter which makes it easier for Eddy to dominate inside

MichaelofAZ

Not sure about the Celts being the team to beat - Nets are still it for mine - followed by Hornets, Pistons - then maybe the Celts (IMO )

·
Registered
579 Posts
Re: My predicitions....

Originally posted by <b>Thrilla</b>!
@Boston - Lose
Home Vs Hornets - Lose
@Hawks - Win
@Raptors - Win
Home Vs Boston - Win
Home Vs Mavericks - Lose
Home Vs Nets - Lose
@ Milwaukee - Win
@ Hornets - Lose
Home Vs Grizzlies - Win
@Sacramento - Lose
@Golden State - Win
@LA Lakers - Lose
@Utah - Lose
@Boston - Lose
@Dallas - Lose

6-10

We start out on a tough schedule.....

Watch out for the LA/Chi game.........We were 2-0 against them last year.....we could pull it off :love:

We won 2 games vs the Lakers w/ Artest, Miller & Oakley on the team. That was a real highlight last season. This season is another ballgame...no Rotweiller roughen up Kobe, Oaktree/Miller roughen up Shaq!

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Re: Re: My predicitions....

Originally posted by <b>Bullsmaniac</b>!

We won 2 games vs the Lakers w/ Artest, Miller & Oakley on the team. That was a real highlight last season. This season is another ballgame...no Rotweiller roughen up Kobe, Oaktree/Miller roughen up Shaq!
Might not be any SHAQ this year.....plus we do have Vomit-Bags!!!:laugh: oh and btw, my Rottie "Oscar" says its Two T's and 1 L"!!! j/k

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
16-0, my friend

If Ditka is on the bench, the Bulls go 16-0 my friends. I see an average margin of victory of 89 points in honor of da coaches old jersey number.

Seriously, if we can get through this stretch with 6 wins, I will be happy. Maybe our improved depth will help us, especially playing back to back games.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Re: Re: Re: My predicitions....

Originally posted by <b>BamaBull</b>!

Might not be any SHAQ this year.....plus we do have Vomit-Bags!!!:laugh: oh and btw, my Rottie "Oscar" says its Two T's and 1 L"!!! j/k
agreed, i wouldnt be suprised if daddy sat out during our matchups this year

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
30 Wed @ Boston 6:00 pm FSChi -- Loss 0-1
Nov 1 Fri New Orleans 7:30 pm WCIU -- WIN 1-1
2 Sat @ Atlanta 6:00 pm WGN Super -- LOSS 1-2
4 Mon @ Toronto 6:00 pm FSChi -- Loss 1-3
6 Wed Boston 7:30 pm FSChi --Win 2-3
8 Fri Dallas 7:30 pm FSChi -- LOSS 2-4
9 Sat New Jersey 7:30 pm WGN Super -- LOSS 2-5
13 Wed @ Milwaukee 7:00 pm FSChi -- WIN 3-5
15 Fri @ New Orleans 7:30 pm FSChi -- LOSS 3-6
16 Sat Memphis 7:30 pm WGN -- WIN 4-6
19 Tue @ Sacramento 9:00 pm FSChi -- LOSS 4-7
20 Wed @ Golden State 9:30 pm WGN -- WIN 5-7
22 Fri @ L.A. Lakers 9:30 pm FSChi -- LOSS 5-8
23 Sat @ Utah 8:00 pm WGN Super -- LOSS 5-9
27 Wed @ Boston 6:00 pm WCIU -- LOSS 5-10
30 Sat @ Dallas 7:30 pm WGN Super -- LOSS 5-11

·
Is not afraid of shadows!
5,094 Posts
Speaking of Shaq sitting.....

....will N.O. have Baron and Mash for game 2? If not, we may roll them.

·
X-Mas Taker
8,947 Posts
IMO i could see the bulls losing every single game in a worst case scenerio the only have 2 what you call "gimmies" in a memphis(we only beat them at home last year because b. miller went crazy and scored a career high on them) game at home and g.s. game on the road (in the tail end of a back to back with the kings)

but due to scheduling and the bulls in the exibition season do need some time to gell I believe the bulls can and will beat the raptors on the 4th to make us 1-3
the grizz on the 16th to make us 2-8
the warriors on the 20th making us 3-11
and the celts on the 27th making us 4-11

i'd be ok with a 4 and 12 start if the bulls played hard and were reasonably competitive (no more than 2 or 3 double digit losses not including the nets game in which a double digit loss is almost a given)

and if we can sneak in 1 or 2 more wins i would be very happy

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts
30 Wed @ Boston 6:00 pm FSChi -- Loss
Nov 1 Fri New Orleans 7:30 pm WCIU -- WIN
2 Sat @ Atlanta 6:00 pm WGN Super -- LOSS
4 Mon @ Toronto 6:00 pm FSChi -- Loss
6 Wed Boston 7:30 pm FSChi --WIN
8 Fri Dallas 7:30 pm FSChi -- WIN
9 Sat New Jersey 7:30 pm WGN Super -- LOSS
13 Wed @ Milwaukee 7:00 pm FSChi -- WIN
15 Fri @ New Orleans 7:30 pm FSChi -- LOSS
16 Sat Memphis 7:30 pm WGN -- WIN
19 Tue @ Sacramento 9:00 pm FSChi -- LOSS
20 Wed @ Golden State 9:30 pm WGN -- WIN
22 Fri @ L.A. Lakers 9:30 pm FSChi -- LOSS
23 Sat @ Utah 8:00 pm WGN Super -- WIN
27 Wed @ Boston 6:00 pm WCIU -- LOSS
30 Sat @ Dallas 7:30 pm WGN Super -- LOSS

7 - 9

Wins against Hornets (with their injuries) and Grizz are VERY likely, especially since they are at home.

The Warriors and Jazz are very likely as far as talent and team ability, although the Warriors look scary sometimes. I think Chandler vs. Antawn will be an interesting matchup, since Antawn is going to have to score most of his points at the hoop... he won't be able to shoot over Chandler.

The other three wins are dubious, but possible. Home wins against Boston and DALLAS (?!?)... Boston is turning into a shell of a team, and unless they start drafting better, they will never improve their front line. Vin Baker and Tony Battie... I think Battie is an okay center but Baker isn't revived like they had hopes, and they have no depth in the frontcourt. Combine that with PG problems and all we have is Pierce and Walker carrying the team night in and night out. That'll still get them into the playoffs, but there will be a lot of mismatches on any given night.

Dallas didn't actually score that many points on us last year. They scored 89 in one game and 107 in the second. Dallas wins games by outgunning their opponents, but they may be hard pressed to outgun our baby Bulls. Against Dallas at home, the Bulls more than stand a chance, and I'll give it to them.

An away win against Milwaukee rounds out the not-so-sures, but I think Eddy Curry and Jalen Rose will have their way against Johnson, Gadzuric, and Tim Thomas.

7 and 9.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I'm confident of doing Atlanta in for two away wins

New Orleans will be too tough for us I fear

I am stoked I called the first win anyway !!!!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
well, 2-0 so far

nobody's a push over for this bulls team, but given the last two games, Atlanta is a good possibilty for another win

21 - 31 of 31 Posts