Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Sexy Moderator
13,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been one month since the Knicks traded for Steve Francis. It has been one month since Larry Brown compared the point-guard marriage of Francis and Stephon Marbury to Walt Frazier and Earl Monroe.

But Stevie Franchise is now Stevie on the Fringe. Francis has been awful since the trade, and Brown announced yesterday he will banish him to the bench once Quentin Richardson returns from a sprained thumb, perhaps as soon as tonight against the Raptors at the Garden.
"Quentin has been playing pretty damn good," Brown said. "Quentin is 25 years old. He's done the things I've asked our team to do. He's tried to defend."
http://www.nypost.com/sports/knicks/61329.htm

It's official Quentin Richardson is Larry Brown's pet. No wonder Steph hates him, jeez!

·
A deserving All-Star
2,252 Posts
OH Brother. We traded an expiring contract and Trevor Ariza to have Stevie on the bench for the next 5 years? That's very nice to hear Larry.

·
I'm too sexy for ya.
2,089 Posts
knicksfan said:
OH Brother. We traded an expiring contract and Trevor Ariza to have Stevie on the bench for the next 5 years? That's very nice to hear Larry.
Word, and that ******* advocated for him too! WTF! It could've been 17 mill less on our contract and our rising star (only I believe so) in Trevor Ariza. Now not only are we in a bigger hole, but ARIZA WILL NEVER PLAY AGAIN!!! Nuuuuuuu

·
Best non-Yankee 4 17 Yrs!
2,469 Posts
Gotham2krazy said:
Word, and that ******* advocated for him too! WTF! It could've been 17 mill less on our contract and our rising star (only I believe so) in Trevor Ariza. Now not only are we in a bigger hole, but ARIZA WILL NEVER PLAY AGAIN!!! Nuuuuuuu
That's as it should be, but let's not pretend that Larry was necessarily the brains behind the Francis operation. We all know damned well that the one who wanted him was none other than Isiah Thomas, and that Brown backed the move to take the heat off of Thomas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.