Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With Jerry West in charge, the only thing Memphis will do is get better.

There will be changes this off-season no doubt. Personally I dont think there going to draft at that #3 spot. I think if Memphis gets an offer worth the pick they will definetly trade it.

The Knick's want to move up and spree and the 7 will get them that pick and maybe more. Spree is on the block theres no hiding it.

Penny has said he wants to play in Memphis. It's a given that he isent the player he used to be but he is a quality verteran who will bring leadership and more wins to this club.

Andre Miller is on the block. You can bet Memphis wants him as welll #3 for Miller. You never know

Pau Gausol and Shane Battier are proving to be future stars in this leaugue no question.

Providing this team can keep its core intact and make some key deals. That future is endless for this team.

What position(s) do you think the Grizz are weakest in. Who do you think can help them to become a playoff contender.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Which position is the weakest in Grizzlies roster?
It is difficult to say.They have good players in all positions.But I think they need size and an athletic player who can creat his own shot.So,I think they need a Center and a SF(or SG,is you play Battier at SF).

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Next question. Who do you think they should get in the draft or trade for to help those position.

With the third pick Yao and JWILL are gone. They either are going with Dunleavy or Wagner in my opinion.

I want to see Spree on this team coming next season. The Grizz need a cut-throat in your face player to commpliment the soft touch of Battier and Pau.

·
Registered
553 Posts
If West stays on board for the long haul and they manage to somehow convince guys like Battier and Gasol to reisign when the time comes, then yeah, the future is bright

·
Registered
200 Posts
Originally posted by Junkie101
Next question. Who do you think they should get in the draft or trade for to help those position.

With the third pick Yao and JWILL are gone. They either are going with Dunleavy or Wagner in my opinion.

I want to see Spree on this team coming next season. The Grizz need a cut-throat in your face player to commpliment the soft touch of Battier and Pau.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol did I say something stupid.
Did my post leave you in awww

bdachakeya your first post was a great one keep it up. I cant wait to hear what else you have to say about my posts.

:D

·
Registered
200 Posts
Junkie 101 my bad but the computer just wanted to do it's own thing at that time. I'm a Memphian to heart but, there's no way West should make the mistake in trying to acquire Penny to this team. You mention that he's a veteran that can add leadership to this team. I think not. Penny has never been a leader since he's been in the league. His heart won't allow him to be one because he's scared to take that position. I'm not trying to down the homeboy just calling it as I see it.

Miller is a good player but I don't see that happening, because I think West is sold on J-Will. With West around I think J-Will's game will become more complete and he will become the true point guard that this team needed last season. I think West will point out to him that if penetrates more and stop settling for jump shots all the time, he will be much more of a threat on offense. If you ever watched J-Will's game, you will see that most of the time he's got the lane to penetrate and break down the defense but, always seems to want to pull up for the jumper.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by bdachakeya

Miller is a good player but I don't see that happening, because I think West is sold on J-Will. With West around I think J-Will's game will become more complete and he will become the true point guard that this team needed last season. I think West will point out to him that if penetrates more and stop settling for jump shots all the time, he will be much more of a threat on offense. If you ever watched J-Will's game, you will see that most of the time he's got the lane to penetrate and break down the defense but, always seems to want to pull up for the jumper.
Some great points bdachakeya, I agree with Penny not being able to lead a team as a veteran at least not yet anyway.

Ok im confused at which J-will your talking about so I will talk about them both.

Jerry West might be sold on J-wills game (BUT) JWILL wont be around at 3. I dont think they want to trade a Dickerson or Wright to get the pick if the Bulls want that (probably not). I see them drafting Wagner from Memphis a perfect fit.

I hate the other J-Wills game. I know he's been more more calm about shooting from half court but I dont think he is a good enough point guard to lead a team past 40 wins. He has terrible point guard skills such as vision and leadership IMO and is a better back up.

I dont see J-will(2) being a starting point guard in this league for long. Passsing up on Wagner for Dunleavy will be a terrible choice considering Wagner will put fans in the seats considering he is already a Memphis star. If you dont think putting fans into seasts is a good idea The Raptors ended up getting Vince Carter the dunker and passing up on Jamison everyone thought why would the Raptors do that considering they need a SF/PF who has all the skills they decided to get the kid who would leave people on the edge of their seats and thank god for that. Im not comparing the 2 just saying sometimes you have to do whats best for the city and fans rather what the stats say.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Junkie 101, I'm talking about the J-Will that's already with the Grizz. I honestly think with West around that he's gonna help him become more of a complete player. I can see it in another 2-3 years, with more wins and a better game, he'll be an all-star in this league.

And with that 4th pick, I think the player we need to draft would be Butler. I think his game is so ready for the NBA and that he can make an immediate impact. With this guy at the 3-spot, you will get someone who will fill in the spark when Battier comes out of the game. This guy will put pressure on an oppenents defense because of his agressiveness toward the basket and his ability to knock down the outside shot. He's also a great a rebounder on both ends of the court and has great defensive abilities. I think if we are to select this guy we have ourselves a Bonzi Wells in the making.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts