Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone see a future for these guys besides coming off the bench? I mean when we picked JJ i thought we had another KG, but of course im wrong. and Jarvis doesn't seem to me like he can be a starter. We have a really young team and a really bright future.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
I don't think JJ is going anywhere in his career, one thing I can't stand about him is that his mouth always looks like :eek: . He's very good at keeping balls alive (Steve Buckz said), thats really it. I think Jarvis is going to be something special in the future.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I think JJ is underrated too much because everyone thinks he's going to be a bust.

I think he could turn out to be a decent player or maybe good, but not dominant.

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
How can you underrate someone who shoots .372 from the field and .591 from the line?

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
JJ won't be anything.

Jarvis is our franchise player along with Kwame.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BCH</b>!
How can you underrate someone who shoots .372 from the field and .591 from the line?
Because JJ is a good player. Hohoho.

·
Registered
18 Posts
JJ was a good player in college. He has yet to mature as an NBA player. I don't see him going anywhere with the Wiz. But if the Wizards history repeats itself, he'll most likely do nothing here but go some where else and be an all-star. But for right now he's a bum.

Jarvis is the man, he just needs to work on his shot a little.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah what the hell's wrong with jarvis's shot, he was shooting great at the start of the season.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
While Hayes came out as a ball of fire, in all honesty he has been a mediocre player in probably 75% of our games. The opening two weeks or so, when he played great ball, have given him a lot of slack; however, that slack should be running out for most people. I personally started really looking at what he'd been doing for most of the season when the rookie game rosters were announced. I asked myself "Hmm ... has Hayes really been one of the eight best rookies this season? I'm not so sure." I'm inclined to say he hasn't even been the best rookie on our team -- while Blake's stats aren't as good, I think he's had a more positive impact in more games than Hayes.

While I'd like for Hayes to start playing like he did early on, it doesn't look like it'll happen this season. He's only gotten a total of 22 minutes in our last three games, with a total of 3 shot attempts in those games. Those numbers may pick up some with Hughes out, but the fact remains that with his current level of play the coach has little use for him with our full lineup out there.

As for JJ, he has just been a terrible player this season. Not looking at what he may do in the future or what he may turn out to be, he's probably the worst player on the team. He does do some little things like keeping the ball alive on the offensive boards, but statistically he is just a major dud. I'm looking at his last five games on ESPN, and they're sad. Other than his rebounding (4.8 per 17.4 minutes), he hasn't done anything. 22 points on 6-17 shooting, 2 assists, 2 steals, 1 block? If a player is going to get 87 minutes of court time over five games, he better put up something better than that.

If we do pull some sort of trade before next season, I could easily see him being a part of it. He's still a young 6'11 player who is only playing in his quasi-rookie season, which may interest other GMs. That last sentence tells me we might make a mistake by letting him go, but from watching him play, he looks like he could be one of the busts of of the '02 draft. There's always a couple lottery players that don't do anything in the NBA, and if you look at him from a viewpoint other than "hopeful Wizard fan," you'll see a player that hasn't shown much of anything. Pretty much all hope for his future comes from how good he looked in college and the fact that he was the 11th pick in the draft, not anything he's done on the court at the NBA level.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
JJ actually has a really good long range jumper, i see some potential for him from that cause for a 6'11' guy it's deadly, but it's still hard to see if he's gonna go anywhere.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts