Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've created a thread for all Blazers fans to discuss what they feel the organization should concentrate on to help the team in the future.

A couple of points of concern I have for the team are the following:

1.) Address the lack of a young good point guard to eventually take over for Andre Miller. Give Miller a two year contract this off season.

2.) Address the lack of a Center. Other than LA, Johnson and Camby the next big men for the Blazres are Wallace and Batum. We need help on the front line.

I'm also really hoping they're will not be a lock out. The Blazers really need to make some moves this off season to help the Blazers gets better. One thing is for sure the Blazers can't stand pat, and expect to improve.

A couple key players for the Blazers I'm looking at to improve for next season.

1.) Wesley Matthews - He needs to work on his handle, and passing skills. Good thing is, he just wrapped up his second season in the NBA. And he's gotten better every year. He's a hard working player, and I expect that he will continue to get better.

2.) Nicolas Batum - He needs to continue to develop his offensive game. And put on some more muscle.

Health -

Brandon Roy - Next year will be very interesting to see if Roys knees hold up. I'm hoping they do, and maybe Brandon can play his way back into the starting line up. Which will be difficult considering how well Mattews is.

Greg Oden - I have no idea what his time table is right now for coming back. It would be nice though to see him on the court once again and healthy. With his size and athletic ability he completely changes the Blazers and gives them something they're sorely lacking depth and size in the front court.

Go Blazers!!

Everybody get in, and share your thoughts, and ideas about what moves the Blazers should make heading into next season.

·
Excentrifugal Forz
6,985 Posts
Ya, backup PF banger and backup, hopefully, young PG are our most important needs.

Think Wesley will improve and hope Roy can handle a full season, but I think his mins should still be limited so I see no reason he has to start. Unless he can handle 35 plus mins bring him off the bench and he can be a very consistent scoring boost off the bench.

To me Oden is the biggest factor to becoming a elite team. With him we can challenge for a championship, without it's going to be a struggle once we get in the playoffs. I feel he's going to stay fairly healthy once he gets back on the court this year and once he gets up to speed be all that we've imagine him to be when we took him with the #1 pick.

GO BLAZERS!!!

·
Better Call Saul
13,184 Posts
People should probably stop pretending like Greg Oden is going to make a difference in this league. Has he played in 25% of his games since he was drafted?

Roy, on the other hand can and will still be useful. He's never going to be the star that he was but he has the chance to become a super sub behind Wes and play as the lead guard off the bench.

They need some more depth up front, but honestly I think their ceiling is second round status. They've got a solid roster but with the emergence of OKC, Memphis, and the older teams looking to retool (Lakers and such) I can't see them ever getting out of the west.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ya, backup PF banger and backup, hopefully, young PG are our most important needs.

Think Wesley will improve and hope Roy can handle a full season, but I think his mins should still be limited so I see no reason he has to start. Unless he can handle 35 plus mins bring him off the bench and he can be a very consistent scoring boost off the bench.

To me Oden is the biggest factor to becoming a elite team. With him we can challenge for a championship, without it's going to be a struggle once we get in the playoffs. I feel he's going to stay fairly healthy once he gets back on the court this year and once he gets up to speed be all that we've imagine him to be when we took him with the #1 pick.

GO BLAZERS!!!
Agreed. All he needs to do is rebound and play defense. When he was healthy, it's not like he was ineffective.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
The Blazers do desperately need another big man and a backup point guard but I think one of the biggest things they need to do is find a way to get G-Wall more involved in the offense, they should trade Rudy Fernandez for a young point guard though, I can't stand his ass

·
Last Winter Was The Coldest
2,594 Posts
The Blazers do desperately need another big man and a backup point guard but I think one of the biggest things they need to do is find a way to get G-Wall more involved in the offense, they should trade Rudy Fernandez for a young point guard though, I can't stand his ass
Well Rudy was traded on draft night to Dallas. I think Raymond Felton will do well with the current core of Portland players and adding a healthy Oden or a productive Roy would just be a plus.

·
Better Call Saul
13,184 Posts
I like the Blazers a lot more with Felton at the helm than I did when it was Dre Miller running things. We'll see how things pan out but if the injury bug stays away for a year you guys could make some noise in the west.

·
Excentrifugal Forz
6,985 Posts
Well hopefully we have the PG we needed to go into the future with the trade for Felton and the backup PG with our first draft pick and it'd really be nice if we got a consistent 3 point shooter with our second draft pick.

If that is the case then now we need, besides Oden getting healthy, is a back up banger at PF.

Of course hopefully there is a future for the Blazers this year. Boy does lock outs/strikes make make me want to just say heck with sports!! But they are to big of a part of my life so they have me by the balls.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Any word on Oden's recovery? Does he have the medical clearance to be on a basketball court yet?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts