Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/sto...ted-jake-ballard-claimed-new-england-patriots

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Tom Coughlin expressed disappointment and frustration about losing tight end Jake Ballard to the New England Patriots.

The New York Giants took a calculated risk of waiving the injured Ballard to make room on the roster to sign defensive tackle Rocky Bernard, and it backfired when the Patriots surprisingly snatched up the tight end off the waiver wire on Tuesday.
:lol::lol::lol:

I get that he is out for the season but he is a young TE that had a breakout season for you. Why the hell would you place him on waivers? There had to be someone else you could have put on

·
Premium Member
51,478 Posts
It's Jake Ballard. :kanyeshrug:

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
I said this somewhere else but Patriots could bring Osama bin Laden back to life, fans, the media would marvel and rave about them and how it's such a great move.

·
KVBL Champion
7,108 Posts
Would let them play Hernandez as a slot receiver and still use a 2 TE set with Ballard and Gronkowski.

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Meh. Giant centric or not, Pats picked him up - I can comment about it - and it's OK move but let's not slurp about something that won't impact em til 2013 or ever. He's just another guy right now.

·
KVBL Champion
7,108 Posts
Superbowl revenger haha.

·
do better
41,522 Posts
Meh. Giant centric or not, Pats picked him up - I can comment about it - and it's OK move but let's not slurp about something that won't impact em til 2013 or ever. He's just another guy right now.
Who's slurping anything Pats related in here

Sounds like you just really don't like the Pats :kanyeshrug:

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Who's slurping anything Pats related in here

Sounds like you just really don't like the Pats :kanyeshrug:
I'm not even talking about in here and it's implied that the Giants are idiots and Pats made a great move anyway. It doesn't have be said.

And No. Patriots don't even register as my top 3 most hated teams. Nice try though.

·
I'm perfectly calm Dude
13,413 Posts
Why are we making such a big deal over a pretty average tight end that just shredded his knee? Odds are this guy doesnt make much of an impact for anyone going forward, and if he does it sure as hell wont be at an elite level.

·
Premium Member
12,189 Posts
Ballard was solid for them last year but it's not exactly a huge blow to the team. Pretty easy to find a replacement at tight end and like roux said, the dude just ****ed up his knee so he might not be the same anyways. Not really a big deal.

·
Last Winter Was The Coldest
2,594 Posts
Well there had to be other options out there for them to do (if not who the hell risks losing an ok Tight End for a 33 year old Defensive Tackle?)

Not a big deal though, as someone said earlier the Giants have a knack for getting good TE's, and Elite Manning still has other targets too.

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Well there had to be other options out there for them to do (if not who the hell risks losing an ok Tight End for a 33 year old Defensive Tackle?)

Not a big deal though, as someone said earlier the Giants have a knack for getting good TE's, and Elite Manning still has other targets too.
The dude is 25 and had a great season in his first year. He would have had a better one if he hadnt been hurt towards the end of the season

But yah there had to be someone else to place on waivers instead of their starting TE would is still very young and very good imo

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
Ok TE? The dude is 25 and had a great season in his first year. He would have had a better one if he hadnt been hurt towards the end of the season

But yah there had to be someone else to place on waivers instead of their starting TE would is still very young and very good imo
Just like Peyton Hillis right?

You're crazy if you don't think the Giants can plug in Bear Pascoe and be just fine.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts