Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Basketball/NBA/Toronto/2004/02/09/341589.html

Toronto Sun:
"I could have played (last night) but I wanted a couple more days for conditioning," Curry said. "I'm really glad that I'll be able to get in some games before the all-star break. I didn't want to have to come back after the break."
For those that thought Curry was causing our offensive lapses, take a look at the games we've played without him. We go through those without him, too.

I'm looking forward to having Curry's toughness back. I'm not saying we need 20MPG from him, but anyone who can get out on the floor and light a fire defensively is badly needed.

Backup point guard, anyone? :D

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
He's the solution to our C and PG problems!! Well he'll be some help on defense (off the bench please!)

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
I was never against Curry playing 8-12 mpg.

It is only when KO extends his minutes that I find it ridiculous. Intangibles are fine but in the end you need rebounds, altered shots, and good help D around the paint. Curry doesn't do any of those things as well as other guys whose PT he takes.

We saw in Golden State that Murray can deliver the same impact on a game with the added bonus of being an offensive threat that the defense has to respect and LM actually delivers rebounds.

Curry isn't that unique or effective that he should play more than 10 minutes. And I like him in certain matchups but not every game.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Originally posted by <b>lucky777s</b>!

We saw in Golden State that Murray can deliver the same impact on a game with the added bonus of being an offensive threat that the defense has to respect and LM actually delivers rebounds.
Lamond does a much better job at the 4 than Curry... I actually think it may be better putting Lamond out there more often against the smaller/softer PFs. He showed he can do a decent job guarding Cliff, and he can draw them out with his shot.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
as long as he plays 8-10 mins a game, its alll good.

BTW, he'll make a fine Coach one day.

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Numbed One</b>!

Lamond does a much better job at the 4 than Curry... I actually think it may be better putting Lamond out there more often against the smaller/softer PFs. He showed he can do a decent job guarding Cliff, and he can draw them out with his shot.
i shiver at the thought of what Amare will do to the likes of Lamond and Curry :dead:

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Originally posted by <b>trick</b>!

i shiver at the thought of what Amare will do to the likes of Lamond and Curry :dead:
LOL

Obviously you wouldn't match them up against a beastly PF like that... I did say the "smaller and softer" PFs... obviously Amare doesn't fit either description.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts