Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Grumpy Pragmatist
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lots of folks like to talk about the need to get guys with "good character". Fair enough....but who are they?

Who in the NBA do YOU define as a "good character"?

More to the point, which of these guys would realistically be available to the Blazers in trades or as FAs?

Ready, set, GO........:gossip:

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
The Spurs and Kings. :D (OK, the Kings need to trade Webber first.)

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
To me it'smore like don't go for guys with legal issues or have caused significant team turmoil.

More like guy's without bad character more than serious contender for sportsman of the year.

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
Ray Allen... plain and simple.. classy

Sheed for Ray Allen and Brent Barry...

·
Registered
9,855 Posts
I think it doesn't have to be the "great character" guys. Just guys who stay out of trouble off the court and don't disrupt the team.

Originally posted by <b>Trader Bob</b>!
Sheed for Ray Allen and Brent Barry...
:whatever: :nonono: :no:

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
Originally posted by <b>bfan1</b>!
Funny how few names are coming up.....
while I'm not in the group that thinks Rasheed is the anti christ, I am in the group that thinks it's best for both sides to go their seperate ways...maybe a reason few names are coming up has to do with the lack of free agents out there period, and the lack of realistic trades we could make for said players that would be listed in the grouping.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Hap</b>!

.maybe a reason few names are coming up has to do with the lack of free agents out there period, and the lack of realistic trades we could make for said players that would be listed in the grouping.
That is what I meant...the thing I am looking at is realistic....reality is...when you look at what has been offered so far...well...what are we gonna do? Take a giant step backwards just to make a car dealer, a newspaper and a certain radio station happy?

Unfortunately-that is what we are poised to do.

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
hey if it were my car dealership I mayhave done the same thing... if that is the way he wants to spend his money.. then good for him. He can be picky about how he spends it and to whom

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Trader Bob</b>!
hey if it were my car dealership I mayhave done the same thing... if that is the way he wants to spend his money.. then good for him. He can be picky about how he spends it and to whom
As far as I know Ron Tonkin KEPT his suites (not sure but think so)

Ron Tonkin used the Blazers bad press for his good press.

He is NO ONE that should be catered to.

talk is cheap Mr. Tonkin-spoken like a true car salesman!

Seriously-more effort should be given to "catering" to those of us who sacrifice and go into debt just to have our tickets. Our opinions should matter more.

Granted-not all of "us" feel the same about certain players...but most I know feel more like I do and less like R.T. does. We just don't have the means to advertise it.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Good Character in the NBA = Always plays hard, plays smart, competes every night, and plays for team and to win instead of self.

In addition, they are smart enough to stay out of trouble off the court.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts