Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's that time of the year to check which yearbook was the closest in forecasting the final standings of the America East.

I spent quite a bit of money on these books, and a few were quite off the mark!

And the winner is...Lindy's!!! This publication from Birmingham, Alabama (from all places) got the first three positions right. Contributing writer Dave Doyle placed the teams as follows:

1. Vermont
2. Northeastern
3. Boston Univ.
4. Maine
5. Binghamton
6. Hartford??
7. Albany
8. New Hampshire
9. Stony Brook
10. Maryland-BC

Newcomer of the Year: Maine's Jermaine Jackson...

:clap:

Street & Smith's didn't get the standings right, but at least predicted the Top Newcomer: NU's Shawn James.

1. Vermont
2. BU
3. Northeastern
4. Maine
5. Binghamton
6. Hartford
7. Stony Brook
8. New Hampshire
9. Maryland-BC
10. Albany??

:cheers:

And the plain ugly (and surprisingly), the bible of college basketball, Blue Ribbon. Check this out.

1. Vermont
2. Maine??
3. Boston U.
4. Northeastern
5. Binghamton
6. Hartford
7. Albany
8. New Hampshire
9. Stony Brook
10. Maryland-BC

Newcomer of the Year: Maine's Ernest Turner

:cry:

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
TheVelezes said:
It's that time of the year to check which yearbook was the closest in forecasting the final standings of the America East.

I spent quite a bit of money on these books, and a few were quite off the mark!

And the winner is...Lindy's!!! This publication from Birmingham, Alabama (from all places) got the first three positions right. Contributing writer Dave Doyle placed the teams as follows:

1. Vermont
2. Northeastern
3. Boston Univ.
4. Maine
5. Binghamton
6. Hartford??
7. Albany
8. New Hampshire
9. Stony Brook
10. Maryland-BC

Newcomer of the Year: Maine's Jermaine Jackson...

:clap:

Street & Smith's didn't get the standings right, but at least predicted the Top Newcomer: NU's Shawn James.

1. Vermont
2. BU
3. Northeastern
4. Maine
5. Binghamton
6. Hartford
7. Stony Brook
8. New Hampshire
9. Maryland-BC
10. Albany??

:cheers:

And the plain ugly (and surprisingly), the bible of college basketball, Blue Ribbon. Check this out.

1. Vermont
2. Maine??
3. Boston U.
4. Northeastern
5. Binghamton
6. Hartford
7. Albany
8. New Hampshire
9. Stony Brook
10. Maryland-BC

Newcomer of the Year: Maine's Ernest Turner

:cry:

Well they all were in the ballpark, although the one thing that does jump out at me is the dissapointing season that Hartford had. I think of BingU as having a dissapointing season (finished good, though) but they ended right around where they were predicted to finish.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Binghamton did have a good season - their problem was that they started the season out with tough OOC games and their early conference games were against the top teams - so they finished the tough part of their schedule relatively early (pretty much by January) so the February games were against the middle and lower tier conference teams.

·
Registered
8,888 Posts
I think that we all thought that Maine would have finished better than 6th place, but who would have known that 2 players (one a top 7-8) would leave the team, and Markwood, Turner and Dubois would suffer injuries during the season? A healthy Maine squad MAY have challenged for a top 2-3 finish.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts