Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
;)

This, a segment from my post after the Blazers/Hawks game.........

.....Damon strolled over to the media bench. I go, "Hey Damon, how 'bout a pic?!" He just looks at me, then looks away. Wheels goes, "C'mon, Damon! Give the guy a picture!" So, Damon kinda looks over at me and I take the shot.

Funny thing while we were standing there, though. Damon was rooting through some Hawks baseball caps that were in a box on the scorers table. He goes, "Some freebies, huh?" and helps himself to about 4 or 5 of them. One the Hawks announcers that was sitting there goes, "Why do you need so many of them?", and Damon replied, "Oh, so I can give them to Sheed and some others." To which the Hawks announcer quipped, "Sheed doesn't need one. He'll be here in a week, anyway!" We ALL got a good laugh out of that one - even Damon!!

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by <b>NathanLane</b>!
Wow
Yeah, I was wondering at the time if he knew something the rest of us didn't.

Of course, it's just a coincidence......... right? ;)

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ABM</b>!

Yeah, I was wondering at the time if he knew something the rest of us didn't.

Of course, it's just a coincidence......... right? ;)
Maybe, but he must have known that the Blazers and Hawks were talking again. Patterson said that it took about a week once both parties decided to go through with the deal, but the trade was done yesterday morning. The Hawks had to let their pllayers play last night due to having a short roster, so it wasn't announced until after the game.

What a crazy night!:yes:

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Your post was actually one of the first things I thought of, ABM. Funny how sometimes the most obvious thing really does happen (no offense, Trader Bob ;) ).

Ed O.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts