Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
scouts did a really bad job on josh smith he should have been a top 5 pick but they said he wouldn't be seccessful becuase he just an athlete and is very raw so 14 teams pass on him till pick number 17 and the hawks pick him and they probaly will end up getting one of the biggest steals in the last decade

josh is averaging:

15pts 8reb 4ast 1stl 3blks in the last 20 games lets not forget that he is only 20 coming out of high school

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,758 Posts
They should be charged for stealing alright...stealing everyone elses SF's after drafting 26 SF's the past 3 years...

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
I just can't understand why the Hawks wouldn't have taken Chris Paul last year. Sitting behind Billy Knight last year at the Pre-Draft camp for a while, I can assure you that they didn't even consider drafting him - they were only interested in a taller point guard. Sounded like they thought about Deron Williams, but were pretty set on Marvin. I realize that Joe Johnson has turned out, but with Chris Paul, the Hawks are a playoff team right now.

You are right though, Josh Smith was a steal. The Hawks still appear to have a fairly bright future, if they can keep the current team together for a couple of seasons...

·
Premium Member
70,460 Posts
Jsimo12 said:
They should be charged for stealing alright...stealing everyone elses SF's after drafting 26 SF's the past 3 years...
:rofl:

Gold.

Are you sure you are a Hawks fan? Why the hell are you complaining Josh didn't go higher! Man, I am happy he went 17th. It put a chip on his shoulder, and he is turning into something special.

Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Marvin Williams. Yes, it's true Atlanta shoulda took Chris Paul. Yes, it's true they liked Deron more than Chris Paul. But every scouting publication had Marvin as the #1 prospect, and every one were wrong.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
Jonathan Watters said:
I just can't understand why the Hawks wouldn't have taken Chris Paul last year. Sitting behind Billy Knight last year at the Pre-Draft camp for a while, I can assure you that they didn't even consider drafting him - they were only interested in a taller point guard. Sounded like they thought about Deron Williams, but were pretty set on Marvin. I realize that Joe Johnson has turned out, but with Chris Paul, the Hawks are a playoff team right now.

You are right though, Josh Smith was a steal. The Hawks still appear to have a fairly bright future, if they can keep the current team together for a couple of seasons...
I thought Paul fit this team perfectly, a true pg with athletic players running the the wings. It could have been a thing of beauty. JJ isn't a true pg, so moving him to the 2 would have been the best position for him.

·
Premium Member
70,460 Posts
Joe Johnson is at his best when the ball is in his hands, and the offense goes through him. He's still a shooting guard, but he needs the ball in his hands. Atlanta needs a point guard who can shoot the ball well, but more importantly who can defend & keep up with smaller PG's. I don't know if having two guards who dominate the ball would work for Atlanta.

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,758 Posts
TheATLien said:
Joe Johnson is at his best when the ball is in his hands, and the offense goes through him. He's still a shooting guard, but he needs the ball in his hands. Atlanta needs a point guard who can shoot the ball well, but more importantly who can defend & keep up with smaller PG's. I don't know if having two guards who dominate the ball would work for Atlanta.
He seemed to do ok with Nash last year. I think most players would love a CP3 type on the team to dish and drive and kick and lock down defensively.

I think David West sold his soul to the Devil for the oppurtunity to draft Chris Paul. His scoring has tripled.

·
Premium Member
70,460 Posts
Jsimo12 said:
He seemed to do ok with Nash last year. I think most players would love a CP3 type on the team to dish and drive and kick and lock down defensively.

I think David West sold his soul to the Devil for the oppurtunity to draft Chris Paul. His scoring has tripled.
:rofl: Good one

·
Premium Member
21,860 Posts
Josh Smith was basically one of the better picks as of late that the Hawks made.

They also have the potential to have another great draft. Eventually those SF's are bound to do SOMETHING. The only thing holding the Hawks back are punks like Boris Diaw that have a piss poor attitude. Once they start winning a bit, things could be looking pretty bright for the Hawks in a year or two.

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
jworth said:
Yeah, Childress hasn't played well in the NBA.

chidress is one of are best players the only reason he comes off the bench is because he brings so much energy i remember a couple of weeks ago where he had like 7 stright games with 20+point games coming off the bench i actully think he's are 3rd or 4th best player

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.