Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just heard it on ESPN right now, so I have no link. But apparently, they're retiring his #13. WTH are they thinking? First retiring MJ's 23, now Marino's #13? They need to retire an actual Heat player before retiring any more numbers.

Thoughts?

·
Stinging the West!
2,551 Posts
Haha, Did you ever see the jordan jersey hanged up?
Half Wiz, half Bulls, and with the lighting it looks teal(Wizards Blue) and orange(Bulls red), so it looks like a Dolphins....:clown:

And now Marino???, wow, seems that they are never gonna retire someone that actually played for them(well, Mourning soon)

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
It's a bit odd. Might as well put up a Shula jersey up there now

·
Banned
189 Posts
So pathetic I almost feel sorry for them. Just wait untill Zo dies/retires/whatever and retire his number. And if you get real needy, you can always retire Tim Hardaway, Glen Rice, or Steve Smith. Would that be pathetic? Yes, but no more pathetic than retiring a football players jersey.

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
retired marino because of how he shaped the whole s florida sports scene.....the mj one was out of respect and how he changed the game of basketball. Riley gives respect to everybody and wants no heat player wearing the numbers.

no heat player has been deserving yet. We have only been around 17 years and when zo retires, his is coming.

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
wadeshaqeddie said:
retired marino because of how he shaped the whole s florida sports scene.....the mj one was out of respect and how he changed the game of basketball. Riley gives respect to everybody and wants no heat player wearing the numbers.

no heat player has been deserving yet. We have only been around 17 years and when zo retires, his is coming.
I would be giving props to Glen Rice before Marino lol but I am from Michigan

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
futuristxen said:
They should retire Tim Hardaway's number. That was the Heat glory days.
he was only with the heat 5 and a half seasons. He played great while in Miami, but I dont think his tenure was long enough

I know the 2 retired never played for the heat, but marino is a south florida sports god and jordan is the best player to ever live

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
I hope Riley has them retiring MAgic's # since he did so much for the game and he at least coached him

Reactions: Pioneer10

·
Registered
19,468 Posts
wadeshaqeddie said:
he was only with the heat 5 and a half seasons. He played great while in Miami, but I dont think his tenure was long enough

I know the 2 retired never played for the heat, but marino is a south florida sports god and jordan is the best player to ever live
Jack Sikma only played 5 seasons with the Sonics. I'd say it's a 5-year tenure minimum.

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
tone wone said:
I hope Riley has them retiring MAgic's # since he did so much for the game and he at least coached him
LOL

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
That is pathetic... I would be ashamed if I were a Heat fan. That's like hanging a "we finished over .500" banner.

It's bad enough that teams hang division and conference championship banners. I think every team does but the Lakers...

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
Jamel Irief said:
That is pathetic... I would be ashamed if I were a Heat fan. That's like hanging a "we finished over .500" banner.

It's bad enough that teams hang division and conference championship banners. I think every team does but the Lakers...
The Celtics too.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts