Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can we keep this one on topic? I'm looking for quotes with links from non-Bulls-affiliated NBA analysts who have shown their love for Hinrich.

"And the Bulls did it without leader Kirk Hinrich" - Peter May, Boston Globe http://www.boston.com/sports/basket...05/03/26/at_the_end_bulls_horn_in_on_the_fun/

"Some might consider it blasphemous for the Celtics to lose a home game to a Bulls contingent without starting guard Kirk Hinrich." - Steve Bulpett, Boston Globe http://celtics.bostonherald.com/celtics/view.bg?articleid=75150

Please add more as you find them.

And this is "The Hinrich Love-Fest Thread", I'm only looking for quotes from professional journalists giving Hinrich props.

If anyone has anything negative to say about Kirk, start your own damn thread.

Anyone taking this thread off-topic will be reported to the mods. Thanks for your support.

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
"It is very suprrising that the Chicago Bulls were able to win 6 championships without their leader, Kirk Hinrich."

-Jay Marriotti: Chicago Suntimes

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
Despite his offseason trade to the Knicks, Crawford has continued to follow his old team and his old backcourt mate. And he’s seen progress. “They depend on him a lot,” Jamal says. “He’s their catalyst. He’s the engine. He’s driving the car, even though he’s off the ball, he has the ball in his hands enough where he’s making plays. They feed off of him, he gets everybody going.”

slamonline.com

:biggrin:

hopefully that didn't take it too far "off topic" b-ville

[mizrant] kirk has been getting some recognition and props from the national media recently; ESPN Magazine, Dime, Slam, Hoops, not to mention the shout-outs he regularly receives from opponents broadcasting teams. much of this is due to his play last year and the fact that, at press time, the bulls had made a remarkable comback from a horrendous 0-9 start. no other team in league history came from 0-9 to over .500, and kirk has been a very integral part in that success. named team captain in only his second year speaks volumes about his leadership abilities both on court and off.

so right now he is, like it or not, the face of the franchise. it is his little moment. can we let him have his moment or have some become so jaded and cynical that they are blinded by petty jealousy? next year the national press won't be knocking down his door, they'll be all hot for ben and if all is fair, tyson and eddy should get their share of the spotlight too. and they will deserve it and we should all be grateful for it and we will celebrate them. it puts the franchise in a very positive light, on the map, and hopefully back on national tv a lot more. it's all good, bulls fans!!!

but where you lose me, is when people begrudge him this praise based on the fact they think he is overhyped on an internet message board. i obviously don't know kirk personally, but i'd imagine that it is kinda killin' him that he can't play due to this injury. he seems like a pretty competitive guy. so he sits out and gets intense treatment in hopes that it will heal and he will be full strength for the playoffs. (playoffs!!!) and yes, we won two games without him, cause there really is no "true" MVP on this team, and on any given night any of the guys can and will step up and lead. it was that way before he got hurt. we missed eddy when he was out and deng when his ankle forced him to the IL, but when kirk sits out and we win, why do i get the sense that people are rejoicing? dancing bananas and their true meaning aside, is this how we show our support for this team?
[/mizrantover]

·
Anti Monday Morning QB
6,181 Posts
bullsville said:
Thanks, mizenkay, for rising above the garbage with a great post.
I thought taking the bait kept it on-topic. :angel:

I'm just joking around. No worries...

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rhyder said:
I thought taking the bait kept it on-topic. :angel:

I'm just joking around. No worries...
No biggie, you don't seem like the flame-throwing type, I didn't think anything about it.

I was actually being serious, a few people don't understand why people like Kirk. They come up with all kinds of excuses, from the disgusting (race) to the ridiculous (people hate Eddy).

Maybe if they see all the stuff that the national, non-biased media writes about Kirk they will start to believe it. I doubt it, I don't think you are going to figure it out if you haven't yet, but it's worth a shot.

At least nobody will say that "Peter May loves Hinrich" or "Peter May hated Eddy".

·
Banned
25 Posts
This thread is HUGE!! I can see it got it's desired effect as people are running over here and posting pages and pages of love for Kirk. I can see this thread in fact spawning an entire new message board devoted to Kirk. This new message board will have so many people posting on it in fact that it will net over $10,000 a month profit. Way to go :banana:

·
Banned
25 Posts
bullsville said:
Did anyone else know that Matrix/Gipper once met Eddy Curry? I'm so impressed.
You don't sound 37 at all man. You sound like an angry child. Is the anxiety and stress of running a household on almost no money finally catching up to you? I hope things get better.

·
Lux Tax Avoider
5,988 Posts
Johnny Ringo said:
You don't sound 37 at all man. You sound like an angry child. Is the anxiety and stress of running a household on almost no money finally catching up to you? I hope things get better.
Now, now. I don't think Dean Polden, Mayor Daley, Eddy Curry, or any of the other potentates you've purportedly met would truck this sort of cheek.

·
Banned
25 Posts
spongyfungy said:
Alright guys. That's enough.
Read the posts man. I don't have a problem. As usual the one getting out of line is 82games.com. But I guess insults calling me a woman and a loser are cool as long as I post in the same style as a banned member right?

Do the terms of service prohibit insults "unless you're insulting a board pariah?"

·
Banned
25 Posts
ScottMay said:
Now, now. I don't think Dean Polden, Mayor Daley, Eddy Curry, or any of the other potentates you've purportedly met would truck this sort of cheek.
You wimped out in the Eddy/Tyson duo thread btw man. Way to turn the cheek though :)

·
Lux Tax Avoider
5,988 Posts
Johnny Ringo said:
You wimped out in the Eddy/Tyson duo thread btw man. Way to turn the cheek though :)
I don't live online, eoJ. I'll get to it at some point.

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
spongyfungy said:
Alright guys. That's enough.
LOL, I think I should be able to say anything I want about someone who has been banned from this site several times. If he is going to continue to try and post here, I am going to continue to call him an idiot, a loser, and whatever.

I agree, as soon as the loser Matrix is gone, we gan go back to trying to figure out why some "Bulls fans" hate Hinrich? :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Gooden makes good call: Before Saturday's game, Celtics coach Doc Rivers recalled some draft advice he got regarding Kirk Hinrich.

"Drew Gooden - when we had him in Orlando - twice, he walked into my office and said, 'We've got to get him. I'm telling you, this guy is tough as nails. You're going to love him. He's your kind of guy,'æ" Rivers said. "Obviously, we didn't have a chance to get him anyway (in the 2003 draft)."

Gooden may have been biased, since he and Hinrich were college teammates at Kansas.

"Drew was right," Rivers said. "Maybe we should hire Drew Gooden as a draft guru. He called that one. (Hinrich) is one of those guards, I love watching him play. He plays so hard. To me, he's the reason they're playing so well. I think it's his energy and passion and grit that has to spill out.

-written by Shinky on another board, he didn't provide the link.

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This is more towards the "Skiles' offense sucks", but still... (Damon Stoudamire)

"Chicago runs the best [offensive] sets I've seen all year. They have great spacing on the floor, which makes it difficult to guard them. ... They never allow you to be where you want defensively. It looks like they're taking on the personality of their coach."

:That was from KC's article "Minutes up, pants down for Curry" on Dec 21:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts