Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
the best part of it for Babcock, other than getting cap relief and one of the msot popular Canadian players, is that he would have shipped Vince off to the NBA's version of Siberia.

What a dunce.

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
Here is what I wrote in the Raptors forum

soon to expire CBA guru said:
The author isn't very bright. Any time there are BYC issues, the teams have to add a lot of salary to both sides to make it work. NO could only take back 50% of JM's salary, while Toronto had to count 100% of it in there calculations.

So to make a trade work with in the 115% + 100,000 with JM making 8.53, the deal needed to be big enough that 4.215 million was 15% of the deal. Since 4.215/0.15 = 28.1, both sides would have had to add a lot of players to make the trade work.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Magloire is a good big, Miller and Bonzi are pretty good players, the Package we sent was... crap.

But to those whom think we lucked out getting Carter, the only part that was luck was how he got back his motivation, and interest in the game so easily.

His value was at a all time low.

-Petey

·
Let's Go Streaking!
6,994 Posts
Vinsane said:
i think i speak for vince when i say thank god
:biggrin:

Well I think the Magloire deal could be great I mean. Have the 2nd Local star (Behind Nash) To TORONTO could really help a lot also the Jamaal + Bosh Froncourt could help the Raps a lot.

But how Vinsane said. Thank god

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
For Toronto? It would had been a much better trade. It hurt the Raptors where they had to buy out Zo's contract... besides the lack of talent difference. And it's hard to say that either of the picks is sure to be an All-Star in the future.

-Petey

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Petey said:
For Toronto? It would had been a much better trade. It hurt the Raptors where they had to buy out Zo's contract... besides the lack of talent difference. And it's hard to say that either of the picks is sure to be an All-Star in the future.

-Petey
I guess they wanted those picks hehe

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Petey said:
But to those whom think we lucked out getting Carter, the only part that was luck was how he got back his motivation, and interest in the game so easily.

His value was at a all time low.

-Petey
Even so, we literally got him for nothing. They aren't even using the three guys we gave them, one of whom they paid around $11 mil to leave and go play for someone else. I know of alot of people who were willing to give away a first round pick just to get rid of Zo. Two first round picks, the Williams brothers, and Zo the *******? For Vince Carter? The steal of the century. Very lucky, IMO.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts