Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had torn emotions of the Starbury trade and having to give up what appeared to be our future...But after reading your posts and the trials and tribulations of Chandler,Curry,Crawford and sadly jWill,I realise that perhaps NY stole Starbury...The grass always appears greener on the other side and the appeal of promising young guns is very strong..In reality,you have traded away 3/5 of an all star theam for heartache and potential..You could do alot worse than have Elton Brand at the PF,Brad Miller at Center and Ron Artest and SF...

Lampe.Vujanic and our draft picks may be special 3 -5 years from now..But as the young Bulls have shown its a longshot at best..In the meantime,I think Ill stick with the Brands and Marburys of the world:yes:

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
hind site is always 20-20.

No team has ever done what we tried to do, I don't think. Bring a long three HS players at the same time. Indy had 2, (if I am wrong then I stand corrected)

At this point, it has obviously failed. All we can do is wait, again!!

Jays injury did set us back more than people realize.

A front court of miller/brand and artest would be hard for any east coast team to deal with night in and night out. Throw in Crawford at SG. As for who else would be on the team, Blount, e-rob and Fizer. The draft picks would change. Even Jay Williams, because our record might have been better than it was two years ago!

I try not to post on threads such as these, because talking about what we should have done and could have done doesn't change the situation now. Sure we could learn from our mistakes, but it is not us making them. I do realize that in some cases it is good theropy for some posters.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i wasnt trying to look in the rear view mirror...but after reading the bulls posts,it made me realise that getting marbury as opposed to waiting for lampe and a draft pick to develop and hope that Vujanic comes over,may not have been as risky as I initially thought.....

Clearly Bulls mangement had the best of intentions,but as we are finding out,developing youth is not an easy task

1 - 3 of 3 Posts