Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Retired
17,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rose still hopes Knicks will bud

"I know everyone is thinking that the Knicks are done. And we should have won that game. We're supposed to be upset about it."
"Can we?" Crawford said, when asked about winning 15 more games. "It's very possible."
"The team has nothing to lose and they're going out and playing hard," Williams said. "If we go down there, relax and start thinking they're not going to play, then you're going to be in for a rude awakening."
KNICKS NOT DEAD YET

"It's amazing," captain Stephon Marbury said. "Somebody has to win (the eighth seed). I look at it as an opportunity."
"It's not a bad thing [for us] when you're chasing that team," said Williams, a Knick teammate of Jent for a half-season in 1996-97. "[Orlando's] in a tough situation."
"I was more-so ticked because the last two games we had under control and we let it slip away," Williams said. "Even though Seattle is one of the best teams in the West, Miami one of the best in the East, if you have those teams down, you have to put them away."
Bottom Feeders Still Alive in the East

The Knicks and Nets have had difficulty capitalizing on such opportunities all season, although both teams have shown signs of life recently. The Knicks had won 7 of 10 games before losing twice this week. The Nets have won 3 of 4 and 6 of 10.
In the next eight days, the Knicks will play four division leaders - with road games in Miami and Seattle and home games against San Antonio and Boston. They will also have their share of opportunities to take down the teams ahead of them in the standings. They play Indiana, New Jersey and Chicago twice each in April, and also have a date left against Toronto.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
I'm glad for them, but the fans dont still believe. At least the majority of us. The heartbreaking losses to Seattle and Miami finished us off for the year. We were in position to win both games in the 4th quarter but failed.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
The Knicks have lost seven games in the final 7.6 seconds this season. Here's how:

Date, Opponent, Score, How

March 15, Heat, 98-96, Dwyane Wade jumper at buzzer

Feb. 14, at 76ers, 106-105, Marc Jackson layup at 1.0

Feb. 4, at Kings, 116-115, Matt Barnes free throw at 7.6

Jan. 21, Rockets, 92-91, Scott Padgett floater at buzzer

Jan. 17, Bulls, 88-86, Ben Gordon runner at 0.1

Jan. 15, at Bulls, 86-84, Eddy Curry finger-roll at 2.4

Dec. 15, Pistons, 94-93, Chauncey Billups 2 FTs at 2.6
http://www.bergen.com/page.php?qstr...lRUV5eTY2NjcwODUmeXJpcnk3ZjcxN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXk2

imagine if we won those games...... too many close ones were lost

1 - 3 of 3 Posts