Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, lets talk about the future of the knicks. i believe as of now they have a golden opportunity to, if not turn the team around, then nudge it in the correct direction. the fact that the knicks have the injury exception, as well as their midlevel exception and that there are teams like the bulls that want to deal young talent, that isnt compatible with their team.

my plan for getting the knicks turned in the correct direction:

-sign lee nailon, maybe more than a one year deal, who knows he could be a 15-17 ppg scorer at sf and provide size

-deal thomas and spreewell, by the time the knicks are decent again they will not be around anyway, so you might as well trade them durring this season whne they still have some game left. whether they are traded for expiring contracts, or young talent (fizer, crawford, robinson, randolph, etc...) just get some sort of young talent in play. use postell as much as possible, find out if frank williams is going to be the pg of the future. young talent is needed and dealing spree and thomas, our only 2 players with value is the way to obtain it.

-draft the best player available. the knicks need all the potential and talent they can get their hands on. if lebron is gone and carmelo anthony is best player available then he needs to be selected

-personally i don't believe the knicks have a true shot at contending until 2005 or 2006, but now the foundation for that future needs to layed.

please give me you thoughts and opinions

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Originally posted by <b>MPK</b>!
ok, lets talk about the future of the knicks. i believe as of now they have a golden opportunity to, if not turn the team around, then nudge it in the correct direction. the fact that the knicks have the injury exception, as well as their midlevel exception and that there are teams like the bulls that want to deal young talent, that isnt compatible with their team.

my plan for getting the knicks turned in the correct direction:

-sign lee nailon, maybe more than a one year deal, who knows he could be a 15-17 ppg scorer at sf and provide size

-deal thomas and spreewell, by the time the knicks are decent again they will not be around anyway, so you might as well trade them durring this season whne they still have some game left. whether they are traded for expiring contracts, or young talent (fizer, crawford, robinson, randolph, etc...) just get some sort of young talent in play. use postell as much as possible, find out if frank williams is going to be the pg of the future. young talent is needed and dealing spree and thomas, our only 2 players with value is the way to obtain it.

-draft the best player available. the knicks need all the potential and talent they can get their hands on. if lebron is gone and carmelo anthony is best player available then he needs to be selected

-personally i don't believe the knicks have a true shot at contending until 2005 or 2006, but now the foundation for that future needs to layed.

please give me you thoughts and opinions
They honestly should tank the season, and get in on the Lebron James sweepstakes

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
I'm a Bulls fan here and I don't want to diss on NY...but what the hell are they thinking? This team just seems to get worse and worse and worse. They were so bad the coach even quit! I just can't figure out why NY has made some of the moves they have made over the past few years, is Layden a crackhead?

Anyways, I feel for you Knick fans...it will be LOOOOONNNGG time before the Knicks are even competetive again IMO.

btw, whats the trade rumors out of NY? I hear there is a possible deal brewing with the Bulls but I have heard different reports on who the principals of the deal might be, whats the NY media reporting? (please lord no Vecsey quotes)

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Yeah, I heard about a Fizer and Crawford for Thomas deal as well as a Thomas for your injury exception deal. While Crawford has big league talent, you guys will be in an ever worse hole in the frontcourt if you trade Thomas.

Honestly, I think Fizer is an awful fit for your current team. You need size in the worst way, and Fizer is undersized.

----------------------

The best I could see you guys doing is dealing Spree for to Portland for 2 out of 3 of Patterson, Dale Davis, and Derek Anderson. I doubt that the Blazers would give up Davis, but Patterson and Anderson is still a good deal for you guys. They're both younger and more tradeable. A next best Alterative is maybe you trade Spree straight up for Stoudamire, or Spree and Weatherspoon for Patterson and Stoudamire.

Do that deal, and then acquire Fizer for the injury exception and sign Nailon when he clears waivers (not for the $4.5M exception!)

That gives you a lineup of:

Stoudamire/Ward/Eisley
Houston/Anderson
Patterson/Nailon
Fizer/Harrington/Pope (McDyess IR)
Thomas/Doleac/Knight

Not great, but better and younger than you had before, and with the possibility to be pretty good if McDyess comes back healthy and you get a good draft pick next year.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that doesnt sound too bad to me, well better than the current sitiaution. who know if they win the lebron stakes then they might have some semblence of a team, but spree, thomas, and the injury exception for young talent, hopefully, big young talent.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts